Players in Japan 03/28/2011 07:58 PM CDT
Do we have players in Japan and have they checked in with friends?

Is there anyone we know that could use anything if there is a safe place to send them mail?

Jo

(Yukito makes a rude gesture at Rimalon's back.)

Speaking quietly to Rhandi, Marclar says, "I'm a limp noodle..."

http://katee.mybrute.com
Re: Players in Japan 05/09/2014 12:29 PM CDT
Thread necro from 3 years ago, bad daid!

But I've been here for about 6 years. The player of Astru also recently moved here. I think we're the only two. There are some people in Korea perhaps.

And yeah, I was here for the earthquake and all that.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Players in Japan 05/09/2014 01:39 PM CDT
I came pretty close to going over there. Considered doing the English teaching thing, but the company that did it required you to have a college degree, which my wife did not have. :(
Re: Players in Japan 04/14/2015 12:29 PM CDT
Thread necro but whatever.

One of my friends, who is a software engineer and also working in Tokyo, ever claimed the internet here is the best in the world.

These days I'm on the verge of choking people. The only internet service my wife and I could easily get was wifi by wifi, outright buying the router for more than $200. This is partly because my work refuses to give me more than 1 year visa contracts, so ISPs will not allow me to sign 2 year contracts that are required.

And the new gig. At work we don't have enough IP addresses to issue by DHCP. I moved to another temp building last year, and noticed the internet situation had considerable differences (I won't name them, but...).

So yeah, I go to work and connect my laptop with ethernet. Can't get an IP address until 9pm today. University of Tokyo is supposed to be a top research university but man they really blow sometimes! The wifi, of which there are at least three networks, are so convoluted and spotty with the service it's not even worth the effort 90% of the time.

Stay at home, get less than dialup 1996 quality that I pay for. Go to work and can't get an IP until everyone goes home. I can't decide which is better.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog