sack of rods 11/02/2011 01:47 PM CDT

selling a sack of rods. 40 of them, merchant bought a while back.
In the canvas sack you see a heavy rod, a thick rod, a pointed rod, a stained rod, a dark rod, a small rod, a hefty rod, a hefty rod, a charred rod, a dark rod, a cracked rod, a long rod, a thin rod, a thick rod, a twisted rod, a slim rod, a slender rod, a slender rod, a slender rod, a twisted rod, a small rod, a sturdy rod, a stained rod, a pointed rod, a bent rod, a bent rod, a stained rod, a pointed rod, a pointed rod, a pointed rod, a long rod, a heavy rod, a pointed rod, a twisted rod, a small rod, a cracked rod, a slender rod, a long rod, a slim rod and a hefty rod.

they loresing.
From the rapid vibrations of the heavy rod, you determine it has no spell within it now, but could be imbedded with one, in the proper hands. You estimate that it can contain an exceptional amount of mana.
you sense that the heavy rod will disintegrate after its last magical charge has been expended.

350k for the sack, all 40. not selling them in singles.

health and wealth
Re: sack of rods 11/02/2011 06:30 PM CDT

Merchant bought? They look like ranger-made rods; which isn't bad, some of the more capable ranger rods can ho;d something like 88 mana. But I am curious.
Re: sack of rods 11/03/2011 11:57 PM CDT

hmmm.no im sure i bought them at a merchant, didn't even know rangers could make rods.<duck> I havn't tried to embed any and they sing at 5k a each. I would entertain a decent offer. just tired of haulin them around since i can't use wands or rods.
Re: sack of rods 11/04/2011 11:47 AM CDT
>>didn't even know rangers could make rods<<

Yes; they can make rods and wands from plain sticks that can be foraged in various forested areas, using the imbue spell. The key here is that sticks come in all different shapes; thick, thin, bent, twisted etc. The rod or wand that comes from the stick has the same shape description; the rods in you bag look like that sort of product.

P.S. Rangers can also make amulets (from tree bark) and anklets/bracelets (from wire grass) which are also embeddible.

>> im sure i bought them at a merchant<<

The merchant may have been a ranger character then.

>>just tired of haulin them around since i can't use wands or rods.<<

If you have anything resembling decent MIU skill, you can. Rod and wands don't have to hold only bolt spells; I have some wands with strength embedded in them, using the "raise" activator command. I raise one, and cast strength spell on myself. Even my warrior can use one, with 15 ranks MIU skill.
Re: sack of rods 11/04/2011 11:32 PM CDT

ahhhh. maybe bards will make useful and cool things like that one day. my many thanks for the info although i hold no MIU skills it still opens options for me and i learned of the "raise" verb which i didn't know. sheesh so much to learn and relearn.
health and wealth to you.
Re: sack of rods 11/05/2011 10:59 AM CDT
>>i hold no MIU skills <<

Oh dear; you really need some of this, otherwise you won't be able to use any embedded items. Well, player embedded that is; you can still use generic items like small statues, blue crystals, etc. Not only does MIU skill let you use embedded items, but the more skill you have, the longer the spell lasts when you invoke it (assuming the spell is duration based, of course).

>>i learned of the "raise" verb which i didn't know<<

Ok, there are 4 verbs that can be used to activate player embedded items; this is determined by the caster when he/she embeds the spell. Tap, rub, wave and raise are the 4. Tap is the easiest to invoke, raise the hardest (in terms of MIU skill needed), but raise also has the longest spell duration. Some items do not respond to wave; wave is really for wands/rods. So, amulets for example, cannot accept "wave" as an activator.
Re: sack of rods 11/05/2011 11:18 AM CDT
This is really a bit off topic for this folder, but I will post this last explanation here, since we have begun the conversation in this spot. Further information might be gained by asking about skills (i.e. MIU), ranger spells, embedding etc. in the appropriate folders, or you can contact me via play.net messaging if you have specific questions.

Here is an example of the "sticks to wands/rods" process from start to finish. My ranger isn't nearly as well skilled as someone like Reggy, so I get a lot of wands instead of rods, but the process is the same. As you can see at the end, the wand has the same dexcription as the stick from which it was created ("stained"). This is why I suspect your bag of roads wan ranger made. Now, if I pass this wand to my mage, she can embed it with a spell, at which time she will choose the method of activation. The amount of mana she can embed will depend on the skill of the maker. Reggy's rods can hold something like 88 mana, if I recall, mine hold a lot less.

>> kneel
You kneel down.
K> forage stick
d100(Open): 182
You forage briefly and manage to find a stained stick!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
RK> stand
You stand back up.
> e
[Courtyard]
A well maintained and healthy garden occupies the entirety of the courtyard. The air here is cool and crisp, though the sun's strong rays beat back any feelings of cold. In the center of the garden is a natural spring bubbling up several inches above the surface of the encircling pool of crystal clear water. A large stone and iron gate blocks the entrance to the monastery flanked by a statue of a woman carrying a crystal staff and a set of crystalline keys facing a second statue of a kneeling young man bedecked in battle-worn black chain armor. You also see a large fel tree and a polished marble bench with some stuff on it.
Also here: Lithalion who is sitting
Obvious paths: west
> pre 614
You make a simple motion, quietly invoking the Imbue spell...
Your spell is ready.
> cast stick
You gesture at a stained stick.
Your body suddenly fills with a tingling sensation as you feel power from your surroundings channeling through your body and into the stick. After a few moments, the stained stick begins to heat in your hand! Just before it becomes almost unbearable, you feel the surge of power end, leaving you drained. You feel the process has not been finished.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
> pre 614
Your spell is ready.
> cast stick
Your body suddenly fills with a tingling sensation as you feel power from your surroundings channeling through your body and into the stick. After a few moments, the stained stick begins to heat in your hand! Just before it becomes almost unbearable, you feel the surge of power end, leaving you drained. You feel the process has not been finished.
> pre 614
Your spell is ready.
> cast stick
Your body suddenly fills with a tingling sensation as you feel great power from your surroundings channeling through you and into the stick. Suddenly, there is a blinding flash of light! As the surge of power ends, you feel the stick has changed somehow.
> glance
You glance down to see a stained wand in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.<<

Re: sack of rods 11/06/2011 11:10 PM CST

Still have these available?
Re: sack of rods 11/10/2011 04:18 PM CST

Sack of rods sold...