No love.... 04/28/2015 01:01 PM CDT
...for the kukri?

GS has tons of archaic weapons around (falx as a weapon has not actually been in use for about 2500 years, but it is still interesting!) I own 3 kukris (or Khukuri in napalese). My aunt was a missionary for years and often spent time in Nepal. She was given two by the nepalese Gurkha, and I must say, it is a mean, mean weapon.

Would love to see the Kukri available in game!

Briar

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Re: No love.... 04/28/2015 02:54 PM CDT
It's a bastard weapon: 1HEdged + 1HEdged. If you can manage to quadruple-train in the skill, you will be devastating.
("Cut the head off a bull with one stroke" devastating.)
Re: No love.... 04/28/2015 03:02 PM CDT
I adore my real ones. I am ready for the zombie apocalypse!

---
The player is new, the account is ancient. Quillian has retired, but his offspring continue the good fight!
Re: No love.... 04/28/2015 06:59 PM CDT
It's pretty much a machete isn't it? So a falchion based weapon with the description of kukri?

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: No love.... 04/30/2015 01:37 PM CDT
There are kukri in-game. The Landing cleric shop sells one.

>desc 2
Wuldreth says, "Yes... a holy kukri. This legendary knife has a heavy, curved blade and is tempered for battle with the undead."

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: No love.... 05/28/2015 04:22 AM CDT
Just to follow up on this:

"Kukri" is now an approved noun for short sword based weapons in alterations. The Landing Cleric's shop has been adjusted accordingly.

___
ASGM of Events and Festivals
Re: No love.... 06/02/2015 12:52 PM CDT
YAY!!!

---