Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 01:39 PM CDT
Okay so I'm going to start this with the following:

1) No I do not have any enhancive items that just ran out. Don't have any at all.
2) All spells are identical between the shown attacks. (I am not missing strength etc.)
3) All society skills are on identical between the two attacks.
4) I was not under the effects of an enemy spell or effect for either.
5) EXP shows no death sting.
6) Recent Death caused my Con to drop 1 point between the two swings, but not the bonus.
7) All of the same gear is being used between the two.

The number isn't even consistant with most spells being missing.

Last Night:
You swing a crimson-edged silvery bastard sword at a kiramon defender!
AS: +314 vs DS: +188 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +69 = +220
... and hit for 48 points of damage!
Blow to head!
The kiramon defender is stunned!

Today:
You swing a crimson-edged silvery bastard sword at a kiramon defender!
AS: +288 vs DS: +188 with AvD: +25 + d100 roll: +51 = +176
... and hit for 26 points of damage!
Blow to the head causes the kiramon defender's ears to ring!

Did a spell or something get changed when the game was reset this morning?
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 01:46 PM CDT
It also looks like my DS has taken a massive blow too.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 01:54 PM CDT
Yesterday
A kiramon worker charges at you!
AS: +246 vs DS: +329 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +83 = +29
A clean miss.
The worker chitters and waves its pincers wildly

Today
A kiramon worker charges at you!
AS: +236 vs DS: +254 with AvD: +29 + d100 roll: +54 = +65
A clean miss.
The worker chitters and waves its pincers wildly.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 02:09 PM CDT
Did you fix your GRIP? Sometimes if I do something funky my bastardos swordos switch to one handed and I only use'em twohanded.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 02:56 PM CDT

Thank you for insight but no.

I had never changed grip ever on that sword so I tried just "grip" first and it turned out it was gripped one handed. "grip sword" was needed to swap. So confirmed in one hand.

Yeah, all of the sudden it is all back but no reason for it.

Logs confirm same spells etc... all the conditions listed above etc. At first I even thought somehow I cast 102, but the loss of DS doesn't confirm that and checking my logs for my checking of my spells doesn't confirm that thought either.

So... either something was wrong and it got fixed behind the scenes by someone else or...

The grip was wrong but even checking the grip didn't show it, but swapping to Two hand and back fixed it. (Seems very unlikely.)

I feel like I'm missing something but overall I've checked everything... and gotten input from others to any ideas there as well.

Also just confirmed via testing... If I'm gripping two handed and swing. My AS is closer to 200 different.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 03:00 PM CDT

Also before someone says it... Kiramon were in Teras not Landing, I also checked for a dispel message.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 03:21 PM CDT
Alright, the exact number of 26 lost AS matches the Heroism spell. However, logs confirm a successful casting of said spell, and disprove the dispel or ending of duration as such messaging does not appear at all. (Also a spell active confirms it to be active within the log.)

As far as the 75 DS difference it almost appears that most of my DS spells didn't contribute as no single spell provides me that much bonus.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 04:45 PM CDT

ifn ye is in Voln, courage might do that

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/19/2015 10:48 PM CDT
Thank you, but no. I am in another society and did double check as part of my spell check steps and such that all applicable symbols/sigil/signs were active. The problem has since been fixed but with no reasoning behind why.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/20/2015 08:21 AM CDT
If it does happen again, you may want to place an ASSIST while it's occurring. A staff member might be able to determine the specific reason and let you know what's going on.

Ixix
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/20/2015 09:40 AM CDT

Low on spirit or stats due to death or other reasons? Darkstone stripped some spells but spell active didn't notice?

>If it does happen again, you may want to place an ASSIST while it's occurring. A staff member might be able to determine the specific reason and let you know what's going on.

I once had a runestaff with a hidden enhancive in it which was bouncing stuff around every time I put it away to channel and took it out afterwards. That was spotted straight away with an assist. (and Estild changed the character display so that type of enhancive is directly visible now)
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/20/2015 09:57 AM CDT

Spirit was fine. Recent death had con -1 point (Not even enough to affect bonus.)

Wasn't in Darkstone. I also checked my logs for a spell dispel or end message. Unable to locate any.

Staff member will be my attempt next time. However, at the time of the problem, no visible GH or GM was on. A report also didn't generate an answer, I know I should have assisted first but I reported because I had just been killed for the second time because for whatever reason my AS was down 26 points and my DS was down 75. I also assumed a report might generate a faster report if a GM was on and in hiding.

As I've stated, stats are back to normal so I'm not too worried about it. However this also rules out all item related concerns. Since I am still using exactly the same gear and didn't recharge anything it can't be an enhancive problem etc. Had to be spell related, only logical conclusion.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/20/2015 01:55 PM CDT
The AS/DS drop seems a extreme for this, but did the total weight of the items you were wearing and carrying (including your armor) exceed your body weight?

I've had it demonstrated how this can affect ranged RT and I've been told it can also affect melee AS/DS (and it won't show up when you type ENCUMBRANCE), though I've never tinkered with it so see to what degree... just mentioning it cause it's the only thing I can think of no one's mentioned yet.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Bug with AS? (Lost 26 points) 03/24/2015 11:25 AM CDT
From reading here, it surely sounds like you're looking at a weird bug that will maybe never happen again. So definitely assist if it does...weird bugs need to be sorted out!

The two main things I've seen are people accidentally having negative AS spells like 102 or 513 (well..certain AS is negative). Either that or not being aware of area effects or strange creature attacks (Citadel dizzy hall and necrotic snakes spitting at you come to mind). None of these are here, evidently, and it seems like all the obviously logical things are being asked and confirmed to not be the case.

"What Kaldonis does on his off time is totally Kaldonis's business, dude." ~Scribes