When's the next VegasCon?!? 04/03/2017 03:15 PM CDT
As I was searching through my c:\GS3\ directory for something else entirely, I ran across this old save, of the very first VegasCon. (Before the event had a name...)

Background: Harcourt's player had just gotten his US (either GreenCard or citizenship) and was moving down to Vegas with (wife or girlfriend or somebody), and they had mentioned that on the Boards. I had posted offering to fly out and help unpack boxes & such.
(Having just moved recently, I was well familiar with The O'erwhelming Stack O' Cardboard Boxes; earlier that year I had already gone to NJ to help Warble pack & move, and also to FL to help Dmitri unpack. It was a good year for visiting GemStone folks who were moving/had moved.)

So people kept saying, "Hey, me too!" until it wound up being like 60 people, and somewhere along the line they decided to keep the movers around to do the unpacking, and schedule this thing a week later (in the moved-into house) and just have a party.

Later in this email thread is when Derek posted, on the day prior to the event, that he would not be able to make it after all because The Mighty Jeep of Bleeds (his words) had developed transmission problems.

Any of these names jump out as recognizable?

cc: KRAKII Krakii
Sub: Update

From kkozoriz Mon Sep 16 17:10:58 1996
Subject: Update

Hiya Gang!!

Well, the time grows shorter - the tension mounts!

Who will be the first to cry "Uncle" at the blackjack tables??
Who will hit that $10 Keno 2-spot ??
Who will be the first to get dumped into the pool??
Which brave adventurer(s) will wimp out when faced by the "Big Shot" at the top of the Stratosphere tower?

These and many, many other questions will be answered by this time next week!!

Here's the (possibly/nearly/maybe) final list of demented souls heading our way:

Truebeard Longoath, Gandon, Hilga Volkas, Syn, Lady Dahlia, Cinnamon, Nyte, Quiet, Zovyn, Rain, Challen, Wayan DuCleau, Reline, Thalior, Dragonshield, Dafnie/Kymberly/Vulturnis, Ruriko, Morghan, Katarrh, Ladylissa, Wynia, Naerlin, Snowie, Bethye, Bladepoint, Desirei, Kree, Tedra, Kerslamm, Deryn, Wanton, Felias, Medura, Kodos, Aanalar, Geselle, Tiala/Tiasa, Rodley, Laertus, Lord Celtic/Lord Orian, Cassiope, Banthis, Heavenscent, Ellenroh Elessedi, Engenue Lionheart, Selenea, Damangherik, Lorelei Ultress, Brinn,Eukie/Chelet, Tinuvelle, Yoren, Zyanna, Ylena Fygar, Bardon, Rhys Thuryn, Pendar, and Jylli

If you read this, and see your name mis-spelled, if you're not listed and you should be (i.e. we've had correspondence prior to this posting) or if you have more than one character name listed, send us a note at godzoriz@wizard.com with the correction/inclusion/decision on which name for your name badge.

Waaa---Hoooo!!!!

Nancy & Kevin
Re: When's the next VegasCon?!? 04/03/2017 05:46 PM CDT
I would 100% be in for a new VegasCon. That was my vote for the next simucon location. I am east coast, but flights out there are so cheap.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.