Prev_page Previous 1
INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:18 PM CDT
Thank you for subscribing!

A new reward program is now available in the SimuCoin Store!

After your subscription has been successfully renewed each month, a SimuCoin Reward will be available for you to claim in the store. The amount depends upon your subscription tier! These coins will never expire once claimed, they’re yours to use or save as long as your account is active and billing!

Simply head on over to the SimuCoin Store, sign in, and select your game. If a reward is available, you will have the option to Claim Reward! It’s as simple as that!

Visit the store and click the button to claim your gift!

These coins must be claimed before your next billing cycle by visiting the SimuCoin Store and clicking the "Claim Reward!" button. Only active accounts that have successfully billed will be issued the gift of SimuCoins. If coins are not claimed before the next billing cycle, that month's reward is forfeited.

Wyrom, PM
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:20 PM CDT
This is a great update. Thanks for making it happen!
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:21 PM CDT
Wheeeee! Excited!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:22 PM CDT
Awesome addition. Thanks for making it happen.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:23 PM CDT
Awesome addition! Thanks!

-Drumpel
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:23 PM CDT
>> Wheeeee! Excited!

how many per month do gm accounts get? finally you can get those chrono orbs!
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:28 PM CDT
<<how many per month do gm accounts get? finally you can get those chrono orbs!

1 BILLION!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:34 PM CDT
I like this a lot. Nice job!
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 03:45 PM CDT
Super amazing... can you now make the store work with opera so I don't have to use my phone every time I need to claim them or spend coins?

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 04:38 PM CDT
What are the amounts for various subscription tiers?

Apparently it's 150 for a basic account, but that's all I can see.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 04:43 PM CDT
I repeat: Wow!

Doug
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 05:10 PM CDT

<<What are the amounts for various subscription tiers?

Apparently it's 150 for a basic account, but that's all I can see.>>

Premium is 525. Not sure about plat. But kudos and congrats! This is awesome. If a premium player saves up for 10 months, they can get a free booklet/jar to Duskruin. That's awesome.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 05:13 PM CDT
Platinum is 725.

And now seems to be a good time to mention that 30-day Platinum trials are available! https://www.play.net/gs4/platinum/trial.asp

~Issalya

You see High Inquisitor Brinret Ithillote the Executor of Vengeance.
She appears to be of elven descent.
He is very tall and appears to be full grown.
You whisper aloud, "I'm so confused right now."
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 05:45 PM CDT
Hmmm, Issalya. Are plat simucoins seperate from prime simucoins? Interesting.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 05:59 PM CDT
>Hmmm, Issalya. Are plat simucoins seperate from prime simucoins? Interesting.

Nope, all one amount used in the same store.

~Issalya

You see High Inquisitor Brinret Ithillote the Executor of Vengeance.
She appears to be of elven descent.
He is very tall and appears to be full grown.
You whisper aloud, "I'm so confused right now."
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 06:27 PM CDT
Cool. Never tried this, so not sure how it works. Say you have Character A in prime, and Character B in platinum. Both on the same account. If you have xx amount of Simucoins and redeem them when you log in to your account, how do you know which character they will be redeemed on? Do they appear as available for every character on that account until one redeems them?
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 06:29 PM CDT
SimuCoins are tied to the account. Anything you buy will show up in SIMUCOIN verb for the entire account (until delivered).

Wyrom, PM
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 06:36 PM CDT
<<Super amazing... can you now make the store work with opera so I don't have to use my phone every time I need to claim them or spend coins?>>

What doesn't work in Opera? I logged in and browsed just fine. I'm not going to buy coins, so I can't say if that is the problem.

SGM Sleken
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 06:55 PM CDT
>>Cool. Never tried this, so not sure how it works. Say you have Character A in prime, and Character B in platinum. Both on the same account. If you have xx amount of Simucoins and redeem them when you log in to your account, how do you know which character they will be redeemed on? Do they appear as available for every character on that account until one redeems them?

If you buy something like a DR token jar, you would get the same simucoin deliver options in either until you got it delivered. The store part is entirely the same as with a premium account. (I am assuming it shows a bit differently as basic as there is no simucoin bonus when purchasing?)

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 06:58 PM CDT
Very cool. Thank you.

- Avaia, player of
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 09:25 PM CDT
<<And now seems to be a good time to mention that 30-day Platinum trials are available! https://www.play.net/gs4/platinum/trial.asp

Serious question- what is the appeal of platinum? (Speaking as someone who's never tried it.) It looks like paying a premium to play in an instance with far fewer players, which seems like it would be much less interactive.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 09:31 PM CDT
>>which seems like it would be much less interactive.

It actually isn't. The smaller instance prides itself on the interaction and strong roleplay. I spend time in both instances, and I can honestly say each has its benefits - but Plat feels very much like a community.

Doug
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 10:17 PM CDT

This is great, thanks. Is it wrong that my first thought was "I wonder how someone is going to end up really upset this time"?
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/04/2017 11:01 PM CDT
>>Serious question- what is the appeal of platinum? (Speaking as someone who's never tried it.) It looks like paying a premium to play in an instance with far fewer players, which seems like it would be much less interactive.

It's generally been the opposite for me with much more interaction, both players and otherwise. If you are on way late, in the 4-5am eastern area though, it is very very quiet, though several of the towns in prime are like that, as well.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 04:51 AM CDT
>What doesn't work in Opera? I logged in and browsed just fine. I'm not going to buy coins, so I can't say if that is the problem.

>SGM Sleken

That is odd. For me, the first page where you pick the game sort of works. When I click GS to go to the next page, the frames in the middle will load, but the background on either side and the buttons in the middle do not. When I click on the sign-in tab it just goes to infinite spinning load symbol and never changes pages. Thus far I have always grabbed my phone for my simucoin transactions.

Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 05:06 AM CDT
>>Serious question- what is the appeal of platinum? (Speaking as someone who's never tried it.) It looks like paying a premium to play in an instance with far fewer players, which seems like it would be much less interactive.

If you played table top RPGs in small groups it reminds me of that personally.

Its nice knowing everyone and remembering who their character is and all their quirks.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 06:43 AM CDT
I've always compared Platinum to River's Rest back in the day. I'm no sure how RR is now so I can't speak to that. Everyone knows everyone else. Your actions have real and lasting consequences. Droppage on decay (as much as I dislike it personally) means if you die you NEED to get rescued which requires us to rely on one another. If you stick around Platinum long enough your character will become "known" allowing players (and GM NPCs) to build a continuous, long term relationship with yours. Since the community is so small that relationship carries through the entire community. People who don't KNOW my character tend to KNOW OF my character.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 07:40 AM CDT
<<That is odd. For me, the first page where you pick the game sort of works. When I click GS to go to the next page, the frames in the middle will load, but the background on either side and the buttons in the middle do not. When I click on the sign-in tab it just goes to infinite spinning load symbol and never changes pages. Thus far I have always grabbed my phone for my simucoin transactions.>>

Using any browser extensions/addons? Depending on how the site is setup, something like Noscript for Firefox would block part of the page unless you allowed it.

SGM Sleken
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 09:00 AM CDT
However, I believe PlatPoints are accrued separately (and in addition to) PremiumPoints, so you could have two pots running for trade & barter.
(And yes, when they dropped the price of Platinum--what, 5-8 years ago?--I strongly considered going that route JUST solely to have the additional spending power for tradesies. Didn't... but I really thought about it long and hard.)
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 09:11 AM CDT
Yes. And at one point there was discussion about pooling those points as well. Not sure of the status.

Doug
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 10:08 AM CDT

>>Not sure of the status.

RSN
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 03:02 PM CDT
All I use is adguard and a media downloader, but I have it disabled for the simucoin store. That was one of the first things I tried.

Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 03:18 PM CDT
To clarify one aspect. The amount you receive currently is based on your last month's billed subscription. So if you recently changed to Premium or Platinum, that won't be reflected until the next billing cycle.

Wyrom, PM
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/05/2017 07:33 PM CDT
<<All I use is adguard and a media downloader, but I have it disabled for the simucoin store. That was one of the first things I tried.>>

I don't know then. I'd suggest downloading chrome, but I think it and Opera use the same rendering engine.

SGM Sleken
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/06/2017 10:39 AM CDT
This is, without a doubt, the best thing ever to happen with SimuCoins.

:D

BECAUSE NOW THEY ARE FREE! w00t
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/06/2017 02:53 PM CDT

Nice.

Now to go figure out the SIMUCOIN stuff.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 05/07/2017 02:19 PM CDT

Thank you, and you are welcome!

:D

Askip
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 06/13/2017 08:52 PM CDT
It'd be great if SimuCoin Rewards somehow encouraged players to keep playing. If I get X SimuCoins at the end of each month, that's great, but what if it was X+10 after 2 months, and X+20 after 4 months, and X+30 after 6 months? Something like this. It's a small thing, but it'd be something to rewards players for consecutive months/years on a paid account. I guess this won't be a popular suggestion, but after seeing a number of players here threaten to cancel their accounts (for reasons good and bad), I think a loyalty program like this might help them reconsider. Something like this could be a pretty decent bonus for continuing players, and it would take awhile to work back up to. Or, maybe it's not built into SimuCoin Rewards at all, and is something else. Most of the reward systems I'm aware of in the game are more or less linear: you have X subscription level this month, you get Y.
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 06/14/2017 09:01 AM CDT
They do have such a thing, called PremiumPoints, for their two highest tiers (Premium & Platinum) of five (Shattered, F2P, and Standard being the others).
Re: INTRODUCING A NEW SUBSCRIPTION BONUS! 06/14/2017 09:32 PM CDT
>They do have such a thing, called PremiumPoints, for their two highest tiers (Premium & Platinum) of five (Shattered, F2P, and Standard being the others).

Hmm. Premium Points are pretty different from what I posted. They do reward you for having a premium account, but you get the same amount of points every month. If you close your account, or convert to standard, you just lose the months you aren't subscribing. You get 100 the month after you start premium back up again. The best PP analogy I can think of is starting out at 50 PPs for the first month you subscribe, then 60 per month after 2 months, then 70 per month after 4 months, up to 100 after about a year. Maybe with a bonus for a consecutive-1-year subscription, and a further bonus for consecutive-3-years, or whatever. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend this for Premium Points, since they already require a fairly substantial subscriber cost. Something like the SimuCoin Rewards affect all subscribers, and having a sort of "tier-up bonus" for consecutive months as a paid subscriber seems fairer, along with maybe an annual or biennial/triennial reward.
Prev_page Previous 1