MEDITATE Roundtime 08/31/2016 04:52 PM CDT
Can we get a reduction on the roundtime for meditate? I realize the Monk is preparing their body but 30 seconds is pretty inconvenient.
Re: MEDITATE Roundtime 08/31/2016 08:45 PM CDT
>Can we get a reduction on the roundtime for meditate? I realize the Monk is preparing their body but 30 seconds is pretty inconvenient.

The intent of the roundtime is to ensure that resistance can't be casually swapped in the field without a momentary retreat (which gets harder to arrange as you rise in level) or acceptance of the risk of being trapped in RT when a creature walks in. 30 seconds was a roundish number that achieved that result.
Re: MEDITATE Roundtime 08/31/2016 09:50 PM CDT
<<The intent of the roundtime is to ensure that resistance can't be casually swapped in the field without a momentary retreat (which gets harder to arrange as you rise in level) or acceptance of the risk of being trapped in RT when a creature walks in. 30 seconds was a roundish number that achieved that result.>>

I appreciate the idea of not fast-swapping resistances, that makes sense.

That said, it's irritating to watch those 30 seconds of RT count down at the end of my spellup. I imagine most of us aren't intending to play the system.

I'd love no RT but with a cooldown. I'd gladly trade the RT for a cooldown of a few minutes, for quality-of-life reasons.

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: MEDITATE Roundtime 08/31/2016 10:17 PM CDT
One thing you might not notice if you're not watching closely is that the resistance doesn't actually kick in until the 30 seconds are up. So the RT isn't exactly doing nothing.

I've never had an issue with the 30 seconds. I meditate more than I need to, even; it's a great RP tool. Better than cleric/empath meditation where you might as well go fix yourself a glass of water.

It might be interesting to have a passive CMAN that trains down the RT or an active CMAN that switches it instantly at the cost of stamina and kicks your duration down to 15 seconds/30 seconds/1 min. I can't see myself using them, but maybe someone has a use?
Re: MEDITATE Roundtime 09/02/2016 10:36 AM CDT
>I've never had an issue with the 30 seconds. I meditate more than I need to, even; it's a great RP tool. Better than cleric/empath meditation where you might as well go fix yourself a glass of water.

or bearhug. About 40s with all RP shut down for an action that's really only worth using for RP purposes.
Re: MEDITATE Roundtime 09/02/2016 12:40 PM CDT
You can Talk!!

That is the best part are you let them know, the end is nigh.