crosspost about 106 and lore 08/31/2013 07:49 AM CDT

Not exactly a warrior tactic and probably better suited for monks but this is something that I have been curious about for quite some time. If you have 106 and the summoning lore bonus to auto-hide would that be an effective way to ambush from hiding, despite the +30 DS from the fog of course? Likewise, would this be an effective way to tier up UAC despite the +30 UDF and -5MM from the Fog? Its not nearly as good as raw ambushing like rogues, rangers are capable of and not necessarily something to use for each strike but it could be great for another possible tactic unless you somehow get removed from hiding before you attack when in this state.

The main benefit to warriors, paladins would be that they generate enough AS where the +30 DS would not be that big of a deal and for 'open' UAC builds this could be great assuming you can actually cast 106 or have an imbed with the appropriate lore bonuses. Downsides would be having to actually train in ambush to achieve maximum results, impracticality when group hunting and having to play a shadowy/misty type character versus a straight forward type warrior/brawler. I have never played a stealth type character at higher levels so I dont know how often creatures pull you from hiding(instantly or only on their turn) or if this lore bonus even works on more perceptive creatures.

Only thing to add for monks is that krynch makes this even more attractive, if possible.
Re: crosspost about 106 and lore 08/31/2013 11:21 AM CDT
The stance pushdown and weighting added to ambushing from hiding might be enough to make 106 with 40 ranks in summoning lore beneficial, but the sacrifices any square would have to make to get both pre cap would remove the benefit of the spell. You also have to take into account that without any S&H training, even a kobold will locate a capped character on the first attempt 90% of the time, meaning you'd have to have pretty good timing to pull it off... unless you also trained in S&H, but why bother with 106 and all that lore if you can already hide well enough to stay hidden from whatever you're hunting?

The only professions I could see ever doing this would be a weapon using empath or cleric... though I honestly don't know why they'd want to.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.