Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 07:55 PM CDT

I can't believe someone said that. And here I converted to a monk being fully mastered in every guild skill as a warrior :(

Is it possible to take out a 500 camp solo with a monk? I have alot of trouble. What stratgies can I do? I just can't take them out fast neough, not even
with mstrike a flaring yieker spur in troll camps.
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 08:55 PM CDT

Suggest character restorals for half price in the Simucoins Store? :)

Honestly I don't know what to tell you, monks aren't really made for solo swarm killing. Your best bet may be to swap to a non UAC style that's quicker. Ranged maybe?
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 09:26 PM CDT

I have 46 ranks in mstrike, I can mstrike like 7 things in the room with a flaring spike fist. But generally that doesn't do enough damage.
I'm going to switch to TWC someday, but that's ALOT of points post cap.

So yeah, I had a guy helping me with the camps. But now he refuses to I think.
I doubt I'll be able to get past rank 15. It wouldn't be a problem in time, except whenever I move to a different town (usually within 15 minutes) his script finds and kills me, then he camps there for days, so I keep dying. I wouldn't be able to take out the camps fast enough before they regen. When I chronomage out, what he'll do is stalk me, when I go invisible, and there's a broken mechanic apparently where the stalk still continues (even though your invisible) he sees me to go to the chrono, buys an orb and as soon as I get to the next realm, bam, he's there. It's sad because AFK scripting is allowed in shattered and he does all of this not even at my computer, while i have to manually do everything.

Anyway, I'll be able to get the +5 and minor damage padding. I have HCP robes, and although I'd really LOVE to stack those +10 more crit points, the reality is, unless the killing 24/7 for the rest of my life in shattered stops, it's not going to happen. So my question is this:
Will the minor damage padding stack with the HCP? (i.e will I get HCP PLUS HDP somehow?) If so, how is this possible?

Oh, I also have one of those exploding mushrooms. I bought it thinking it would work on people too. It doesn't :(. It works on creatures. It works in camps though, so when I have a chance to breath I toss work and its fun. It works good in hunting too. Usually I have a couple saved up that I'll make a script and toss one in the camp hunting.

PVP just wasn't meant to be exploited this way, with a 3x stalking and hiding rogue. I'll leave that as it is here, as it doesnt' belong in this forum. But there should be a way, when it crosses the line (That's all the person is doing, not even having to be at the computer) for them to get some type of detriment. That's never going to happen.

The sad thing is, I had a capped warrior with fully mastered guild berserk. I was ranged, and if I would've fixskilled and not converted, I could easily take out most of that stuff with spells and a claidh. I regret not doing that. Overall I really enjoy being a monk over a warrior. The spells might help with the PvP too (i.e, him getting disarmed so often, missing the attacks, dragonsclaw cutting through all the spells, kifocus is nice (+35 extra AS) as well as one I recently found out called perfectself.

this perfectself stat seems amazing. Is it worth it, along with 5 ranks of surge, and 3 ranks of burst?
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 09:46 PM CDT
I honestly don't get the appeal of Shattered. Sounds like a nightmare. But different strokes...

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 10:55 PM CDT
Most fun I've ever had in Gemstone was the Marlu war. Great times.
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/11/2013 11:00 PM CDT

Yeah, that was fun. And they played fair too! (to a point).

To the other lady posting, Shattered actually has no PvP. If someone gets upset, if someone happens to be a real jerk (and there's really none left in shattered,except him) and you upset them, regardless of how you see it and unfair it is, they make it a bigger deal than it is and grief you constantly. It's such a minor deal too. No one actually does this. So it may be skewing your perception of shattered. There is no PvP outside of his griefing aganist me. It's just if you upset someone, they can do whatever they want to you, with no GM reprecussions.

This is getting way off topic but there was once a person that made the game unplayable due to his ways he scripted. People quit, alot of people, because everyone in the game was constantly get killed. He griefed so many people that simu actually banned him from shattered. You can't be banned from shattered, but they made an exception. It's been peaceful since (years from then, going on 3 since that happened).
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/12/2013 10:16 AM CDT

The truth is that CvC is broken in any instance of Gemstone. Find an iwin button for your class and have a script running that fires it as soon as it sees that person.

Find areas that break stalk and use them while invis. Lockers? Certain room mechanics? Tables? Deed rooms? I'm not sure on any of these but those are all off the top of my head if you want to do some research. Unfortunately even that will only work for a short time and will probably just make things worse in the medium term. This person is just bored out of their skull with the lack of things to do in Shattered, you're his new chew toy.

So any active measures you take are just more fun for the person to read about in their logs.

Do things like leave your character online all day in a sanct while you are at work so that his script just sits there with your character. Hell, just start a new character then come back to the monk in a few months. Basically, just try to make hunting you as boring as everything else in the game. Stop being the mole that's stuck its head up so that there's nothing to whack. If there's no response to a call then he'll eventually move on.

Sometimes the only way to win is not to play the game. /joshua
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/12/2013 01:13 PM CDT

Yeah, I quit while at college for 8 hour. Sometimes help still camp out thewhen I'm gone, sometimes help go back hunting otf. I'm in teras. I trewaveing him, but its not taking him out of hiding while I do it hiding. His ewave always gets me, I don't know why. of his own medication.ut of. While I'm hidden. I'm traininginy to master GoD. After that, help be get killed..
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/12/2013 01:15 PM CDT

Also why is perfect self not working? Someone please answer. I posted my stats. CON isn't being raised at all !
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/12/2013 02:05 PM CDT
You probably have negative CON from dying.
Re: Monks really the worst profession in the game? 04/12/2013 03:36 PM CDT

Yeah, I thought that too at First. But if you Look at con its at 100 with no con loss. I don't know Whats happenig here. Maybe a bug?