The spell blink (1215) 04/08/2013 06:46 PM CDT

I'm not really sure I understand how this works.

Here's what krakiipedia says:

Blink gives the caster a chance to avoid physical or bolt attacks that would otherwise hit caster. Its function is similar to Fasthr's Reward (115) but works on AS/DS instead of CS/TD attacks.

---

that would otherwise HIT the caster..this means I should avoid the attack? If I should avoid the attack, why am I still getting hit?

Example:
I am getting griefed in shattered over and over by a player called Kayous, who decided it'd be great to kill me while I'm afk because I didn't
pay cash for his items (buy his items)that he stole from me previously, 2 droughtman wins, a 5x a day camoflauge belt and a 2x a dauntless.

Anyway, here's the clip (I'm getting off topic) on 1215, I'm not sure why I didn't avoid the attack..obviously I got hit (I was already
stunned by a charge from a triton creature in nelemar, and lying down in offensive)

Kayous fades into view.
Kayous looks determined and focused.
In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, Kayous engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
Kayous swings a brown chaos maul at you!
AS: +522 vs DS: +338 with AvD: +54 + d100 roll: +21 = +259
... and hits for 29 points of damage!
Jarring blow to your back.

Kayous's chaos maul releases a blast of vibrating energy!

... 5 points of damage!
Blow grazes your left arm lightly.
Kayous swings a brown chaos maul at you!
Your head rings like a struck bell as darkness explodes across your field of vision. You find yourself moved several feet from your original position!
AS: +538 vs DS: +324 with AvD: +54 + d100 roll: +17 = +285
... and hits for 37 points of damage!
Large gash to your left arm, several muscles torn.
Kayous's maul strikes one of the bony protrusions on your forearms and it is wrenched out of his grasp!

Kayous's chaos maul releases a blast of vibrating energy!

... 15 points of damage!
Nasty blow to your chest!
Kayous swings a closed fist at you!
AS: +536 vs DS: +324 with AvD: -5 + d100 roll: +66 = +273
... and hits for 3 points of damage!
Love tap upside your head!
Re: The spell blink (1215) 04/08/2013 07:09 PM CDT
Blink works like Fasthr's Reward, just like the spell description says. When it activates, the attacker makes a second attack roll and takes the lowest. If the second attack is lower, you'll get the "moved several feet" message -- but that doesn't mean that it was low enough to MISS you, just that it was not as good as the original swing. Only if the second swing misses does Blink wear off.

In the example clip, the guy attacking you will hit on a 1, so Blink will never prevent him from hitting, but it will lessen the damage taken.
Re: The spell blink (1215) 04/08/2013 07:36 PM CDT
>Blink gives the caster a chance to avoid

Emphasis on chance. Sometimes it fires and sometimes it doesn't.

Here it might have fired but didn't.

AS: +522 vs DS: +338 with AvD: +54 + d100 roll: +21 = +259
... and hits for 29 points of damage!
Jarring blow to your back.

Next time it fires. The consequence is that the attack is rolled twice and the lesser of the rolls used, so what might have originally been a roll of 100, has been turned into a roll of 17. Here, as in most cases, it doesn't do you much good. However, you do get a minor benefit and blink stays up. If the reroll turns the attack into a miss, then blink dissipates.

Your head rings like a struck bell as darkness explodes across your field of vision. You find yourself moved several feet from your original position!
AS: +538 vs DS: +324 with AvD: +54 + d100 roll: +17 = +285
... and hits for 37 points of damage!
Large gash to your left arm, several muscles torn.

This looks like a bug in 1214. I don't think a flare should go off when you parry.

XXXs's maul strikes one of the bony protrusions on your forearms and it is wrenched out of his grasp!

XXXs's chaos maul releases a blast of vibrating energy!

You shouldn't quote character names, unless they are your own character. If someone regularly uses their character name when posting its fair enough in most circumstances, but should still be avoided when describing conflict situations.
Re: The spell blink (1215) 04/08/2013 09:15 PM CDT

It doesn't really matter with Shattered though. LOL, never thought about 1214 disarms with CvC ... snatch that maul up! When you're not err, stunned of course. :)
Re: The spell blink (1215) 04/09/2013 02:53 PM CDT
If this guy is harassing you, report the begger!

The bells of Hell
go ting-a-ling-a-ling
for you but not for me
Re: The spell blink (1215) 04/09/2013 03:00 PM CDT
It's in Shattered. He's properly boned.