Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: follow up ? for Konacon on HSN: ELR - Elemental Waves (410 & 435) Updated! 12/27/2015 01:01 AM CST

To put the first question another way, will a minor ewave cast by a character with 20 ranks of water lore have a better or worse chance at a knockdown as compare to a major ewave cast by a character with no ranks of water lore?
Re: follow up ? for Konacon on HSN: ELR - Elemental Waves (410 & 435) Updated! 01/05/2016 11:50 AM CST
> To put the first question another way, will a minor ewave cast by a character with 20 ranks of water lore have a better or worse chance at a knockdown as compare to a major ewave cast by a character with no ranks of water lore?

Hi there!

The 410 cast in this instance would have a better chance at knockdown as compared to the 435 in the same instance.

> That aspect was "Training in Elemental Lore, Water increases the effectiveness of this spell, granting a bonus to its maneuver check.... [t]his bonus is twice as effective as the bonus to Elemental Wave (410)."

Unless I've gone completely mad, this is not the case. The benefit from water lore is the same for both 410 and 435.

~ Konacon
Re: follow up ? for Konacon on HSN: ELR - Elemental Waves (410 & 435) Updated! 01/06/2016 02:14 AM CST

Very useful info for character planning. In my case, instead of reaching for learning 435, I'm going pile on more water lore and stick with 410, which is a great spell. Thank you Konacon.
Re: follow up ? for Konacon on HSN: ELR - Elemental Waves (410 & 435) Updated! 01/06/2016 04:39 PM CST
Note that 435 does physical damage also, and can kill/stun targets. My sorceress uses it a lot to clean out swarming rooms (GEW + open implosion = empty room). For wizards, it makes a good set up for using cone as a follow up attack.
Re: HSN: ELR - Elemental Waves (410 & 435) Updated! 08/23/2016 06:30 AM CDT
Finally got the 50 ranks of air lore to go with 60 of water lore so I'd have something spiffy new to try against war griffins in OTF. 410 bounces off them every time. What a disappointment! Since there are so few annoying critters that fly in the first place, this skill should be improved dramatically if it is to be considered something worth training for.

Tarakan
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page