Anything? 11/17/2015 10:27 AM CST
Any update at all on this highly anticipated artisan skill? We've already got some signs of it in game:

art

Usage:
ARTISAN HELP - Displays this message.
ARTISAN SKILLS - Displays your ranks in various skills.
ARTISAN RANKS - Displays the text to rank information.
ARTISAN UNLEARN {CHECK|HELP} - Checks your unlearning preference, or provides info about it.
ARTISAN UNLEARN {SET} {SKILL} - Sets your unlearning preference to the skill selected.

Where {skill} is one of the following:
COBBLING FLETCHING FORGING-BRAWLING
FORGING-CRAFTING FORGING-OHE FORGING-OHB
FORGING-PA FORGING-THW MINING
NONE SMELTING

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!
Re: Anything? 11/17/2015 09:12 PM CST
I asked about this during radio free simucon and the reply was that it is on someones plate who is currently:

a. full and not hungry
b. a zombie so has no reason to eat
c. wants to make another 140 million at the slab generator next year.
d. throwing a tantrum because they were told they get no desert until they finish every last byte of mining and smelting.
Re: Anything? 04/11/2016 02:26 AM CDT
Bump?
Re: Anything? 04/11/2016 07:02 PM CDT
Buh-dum-BUMP!

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Anything? 04/11/2016 08:54 PM CDT
I can't think of anything I'd like to see more than Mining and Smelting at this point.

Maybe savants.

But with all Vanern's posts from 7+ years ago, I can't help but think there's some work done on this.
Re: Anything? 04/11/2016 09:12 PM CDT

Wow. I didn't realize there was a forum topic for this. That makes me curious. Is there already a design / partial implementation of the mining/smelting system. Or, is this something still waiting for a design to be created.

We can probably dream up a mining system with all its milling/processing/refining processes and accoutrements that would be a game unto itself.
Re: Anything? 04/12/2016 06:05 AM CDT

some of the elder dwarves of Zul (remember Frorin?) have been hopeful for mining/smelting for a long long time

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Anything? 04/12/2016 07:19 PM CDT
I keep casting fire spells at rocks to get out the metals, but no luck yet. I keep hoping for something though. I have a great idea for building a super furnace, if need be.

V V V V V

https://twitter.com/gs4_tahminarre
Re: Anything? 04/13/2016 06:53 AM CDT
I keep casting fire spells at rocks to get out the metals, but no luck yet. I keep hoping for something though.

I have to admit I laughed a little harder than I should have at this. That said any word on Mining/Smelting would be greatly appreciated. I've been keeping an artisan slot on my ranger specifically for it since it was originally hinted at. I hear DR has a great system we can steal the design from.

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Brinret says, "Bring it on."
A bolt of lightning streaks down from the sky and strikes Brinret!
... 16428101 points of damage!
Powerful blast reduces Brinret to a smoldering pile of ash!