220 customization 10/13/2017 01:30 PM CDT
Got a custom sanctuary at Ebon Gate, which is neat! But it was hard to say goodbye to the deity sanctuary forever; unlike the natural sanctuaries, I have no clear way of accessing it anymore.

Would love to see this spell updated to make customization more attractive. For example!

PRE 220 / SUMMON (CUSTOM | DEITY | NATURAL) -- people can choose to use their deity sanctuary, or a random natural sanctuary from the local spirits.

Or PRE 220 / CAST | EVOKE | CHANNEL (same idea -- cast works like current version, evoke always goes to convert if available, channel always goes to local spirits)

Or allow the spell to be cast at any holy symbol to attempt to summon that deity's sanctuary... religion lore check, basically automatic success if it's your own deity, significant penalty if not, huge penalty if opposing alignment.

I also posted some time ago about possibly adding deity runes as uncommon runes, each cleric having inherent knowledge of their own deity's rune.

Any of these options would make custom sancts more attractive, so if any can be easily implemented, would love to see it!
Re: 220 customization 10/13/2017 06:01 PM CDT
Great ideas, and seconded. As it stands currently, I'm leery of ever doing a custom major sanct purely due to loss of deity sanctuaries.

>I also posted some time ago about possibly adding deity runes as uncommon runes, each cleric having inherent knowledge of their own deity's rune.

I really like this idea in particular.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: 220 customization 10/13/2017 09:51 PM CDT
Updating to add: 220 definitely needs some love.

Just learned that the custom makes it impossible to get the natural sanctuaries using runestones. So these customizations mean trading in all your possible sanctuaries for just one.

Looks like CHIVERST posted about this issue in this thread in March and April of this year.

Any chance a fix is in the works? Regretting my decision to buy/redeem a custom 220 now.
Re: 220 customization 10/14/2017 06:32 PM CDT
That's too bad, was hoping could do natural and custom. I would love that option, along with casting at a holy symbol. 340 works on symbols of Arkati X, so there is something already in place for that, yeah?

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.