Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 12:36 PM CST
Hi everybody!

The old spell Darkness (206) has been moved to the EVOKE version of the Light (205) spell to make room for a newcomer!

Tend Lore (206) has been reintroduced! It is a self-cast spell with a 60 second refreshable duration. When TENDing or DIAGNOSEing, it adds 20 (+1 per seed 2 summation of Spiritual Lore, Blessings) ranks of First Aid to the caster, and reduces TEND times by 25%.

~ Konacon

PS: This spell does not have any effect on skinning!
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 12:42 PM CST

How is the darkness recipe now made?

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Shifting_dark_crystal
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 12:46 PM CST

also, what happens with existing crystals or any gems blessed with the spell?

These items are used in lock mastery progression
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:00 PM CST
Thank you for continuing to work on other projects even with all of the hard discussion in the Wizard area. Always good to see things still progressing forward and I like the addition of this spell. I just hope I can remember I have it now.

Why is it only a 1 minute spell? Not that it matters either way probably.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:17 PM CST

Never heard of it before, what do you mean by reintroduced?
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:19 PM CST
>Never heard of it before, what do you mean by reintroduced?

It was a GS3 spell.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:21 PM CST

>It was a GS3 spell.

Aah, I didn't play an empath or cleric back then. Thanks.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:32 PM CST
> How is the darkness recipe now made? Also, what happens with existing crystals or any gems blessed with the spell?

We're going to update the 206 recipe to have a new Tend Lore item. The 205 recipe for softly glowing crystals will be used for both Light and Darkness soon.

Existing shifting dark crystals will continue to cast Darkness, despite being detected as holding the Tend Lore spell.

~ Konacon
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 02:42 PM CST

>We're going to update the 206 recipe to have a new Tend Lore item. The 205 recipe for softly glowing crystals will be used for both Light and Darkness soon.

>Existing shifting dark crystals will continue to cast Darkness, despite being detected as holding the Tend Lore spell.

Excellent, thank you
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 04:03 PM CST
>The old spell Darkness (206) has been moved to the EVOKE version of the Light (205) spell to make room for a newcomer!

>~ Konacon

How do imbedded Light items work now? Am I missing something obvious?
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 04:28 PM CST
We're going to update the 206 recipe to have a new Tend Lore item. The 205 recipe for softly glowing crystals will be used for both Light and Darkness soon.
Existing shifting dark crystals will continue to cast Darkness, despite being detected as holding the Tend Lore spell.
~ Konacon

Couldn't you just change the CHANT 206 step in the existing shifting dark crystal recipes to CHANT 205?

I had been using these for my trinket reps... so it sounds like guild night is cancelled for me tomorrow!
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 04:52 PM CST
Couldn't you just change the CHANT 206 step in the existing shifting dark crystal recipes to CHANT 205?
I had been using these for my trinket reps... so it sounds like guild night is cancelled for me tomorrow!

False alarm, I just tried making one -- the old recipe still works with CHANT 206, for now at least.

I request that no changes be made until there's a new recipe to fill its place (and a new way to make the dark crystals), please and thank you! (Oh, and please let us know when this changes, too.)
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 05:04 PM CST
Interesting. Wonder how many people would be interested in Tend Lore alchemy items?

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/26/2016 06:44 PM CST
>Interesting. Wonder how many people would be interested in Tend Lore alchemy items?

>Rishi
>- Player of Kembal

Or a rechargeable Tend Lore item? That's what my Darkness rechargeable is now. But I'm wondering how I'll cast Darkness now with just the Light rechargeable? Meh.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 01/30/2016 06:26 AM CST
I wonder if verlok feathers will work for making darkness now...

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/01/2016 06:40 AM CST
Ceyrin now casts the possibly the most intimidating version of tend lore ever.

Dark spirits whirl around Ceyrin, shrouding the area in deep shadows...

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/01/2016 08:50 AM CST
> Ceyrin now casts the possibly the most intimidating version of tend lore ever.

> Dark spirits whirl around Ceyrin, shrouding the area in deep shadows...

Are you crazy?! Don't tell me that, I'll have to nerf it!

~ Konacon
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/02/2016 12:46 AM CST
>>Are you crazy?! Don't tell me that, I'll have to nerf it!<<

Total ellipsis of the heart. . .

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/24/2016 07:50 AM CST
What's the chance of having part of the bonus apply to skinning with a certain amount of Blessings lore?
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 09:47 AM CST
Just curious as to when the alchemy item will be introduced. I was hoping it'd be a potion, so that way it doesn't require MIU. It'd make it a lot more accessible, and it'd be a nice player-produced item to introduce.

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 10:51 AM CST
Great idea. I could definitely see a market for these if they're easy to use.
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 01:08 PM CST
STINGER69
What's the chance of having part of the bonus apply to skinning with a certain amount of Blessings lore?

We do not feel that cleric or empaths need any additional bonuses for skinning.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 05:55 PM CST
Any thoughts on the Tend Lore item being a potion, Estild?
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 09:02 PM CST
OBSERVER
Any thoughts on the Tend Lore item being a potion, Estild?

We'll get it added to alchemy, but it may or may not necessarily be a potion. Unless there's a conceptual reason for it, new items for alchemy are generally placed where we determine there is a gap in recipes between ranks or due to one alchemy skill not being as useful as the others. Meaning if Alchemy Trinkets has a large gap between ranks 20 - 40 and the other alchemy skills don't, the former would be most likely be the location.

Given the low level of the spell, it doesn't require very much Magic Item Use training to activate.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/25/2016 09:11 PM CST
>Unless there's a conceptual reason for it, new items for alchemy are generally placed where we determine there is a gap in recipes between ranks or due to one alchemy skill not being as useful as the others. Meaning if Alchemy Trinkets has a large gap between ranks 20 - 40 and the other alchemy skills don't, the former would be most likely be the location.

cleric and empath potions are both weak in 15-29 range, and deep blue potions are super annoying to gather for at rank 30, so yeah, I vote potions, too :)

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Cleric_potions
https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Empath_potions
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/26/2016 09:49 AM CST
Yeah, potions was truly a pain in the rear from rank 24 to 30 as an empath. I think this argues for it to be a potion. :)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/27/2016 04:39 PM CST
>deep blue potions are super annoying to gather for at rank 30

Yeah. That kind of thing annoys me. I'm doing potions right now on my sorcerer making...408 potions...one of the most useless things ever. Unfortunately 406 and 107 are not as easy to make, though they might actually be used by anyone ever rather than me selling all my potions to the consignment because they are rubbish.

That's alchemy in a nut-shell, though.

The deathbot will come back eventually.

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Tend Lore (206) Reintroduced! 02/27/2016 09:14 PM CST
>I'm doing potions right now on my sorcerer

I just read this and your forging posts back-to-back. Daid. Daid! One vice at a time. No speedballs!