211/215 group version 07/25/2015 12:53 PM CDT
So during the recent invasions of Icemule, a powerful cleric was able to cast 211 and 215 for the group chasing after giants. Which is nice, for the 60 glorious seconds these group versions lasts.

But what's not so nice is for those of us who already have these spells ourselves, that group cast drops our existing duration down to the 60 seconds everyone else gets. So practically speaking, it's dispelling our perhaps hours-long casts of 211/215 in favor of 60 seconds of the same spells (with fewer benefits, since we don't get the blessing lore bonus in the group cast of 215).

Can the group cast feature be fixed so that the group cast doesn't apply to anyone who has a self-cast version running? I really don't see any reason the group version should work this way.
Re: 211/215 group version 07/25/2015 05:02 PM CDT
So during the recent invasions of Icemule, a powerful cleric was able to cast 211 and 215 for the group chasing after giants. Which is nice, for the 60 glorious seconds these group versions lasts.

But what's not so nice is for those of us who already have these spells ourselves, that group cast drops our existing duration down to the 60 seconds everyone else gets. So practically speaking, it's dispelling our perhaps hours-long casts of 211/215 in favor of 60 seconds of the same spells (with fewer benefits, since we don't get the blessing lore bonus in the group cast of 215).

Can the group cast feature be fixed so that the group cast doesn't apply to anyone who has a self-cast version running? I really don't see any reason the group version should work this way.

Could you bug this in game? This shouldn't happen unless your duration is <60 seconds when the elder cleric cast, but I'll look into it.

I always used to get a little annoyed when I got a request for a bug report after I'd made a post so I'll explain the request. It insures it doesn't fall through the cracks if I get hit by a bus next week after I've mentioned taking a look. More importantly, though, it lets us more easily give credit for the report when we fix it.

-Viduus
Re: 211/215 group version 07/29/2015 08:18 AM CDT
Is there some way of dealing with the scroll these generate? I want to be able to see the messaging on a single cast, but I don't want to see the group messaging every minute for every group member.
Re: 211/215 group version 07/29/2015 03:49 PM CDT

Is there some way of dealing with the scroll these generate? I want to be able to see the messaging on a single cast, but I don't want to see the group messaging every minute for every group member.

You don't want to see the messaging for other group members as a group member, or the person casting the spell?

Viduus
Re: 211/215 group version 07/29/2015 09:53 PM CDT
>You don't want to see the messaging for other group members as a group member, or the person casting the spell?

I was considering to post on this exact topic, too, but I figured we'd get the suggestion to squelch it.

I assume the part where the spell falls off most the group members, line-by-line, very regularly in large groups during invasions. This essentially wipes my screen every minute in such cases.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: 211/215 group version 07/30/2015 11:34 AM CDT
>You don't want to see the messaging for other group members as a group member, or the person casting the spell?

I wouldn't cast these spells in group mode, though I'm hardly ever in a position to do so, the messaging frequency is too disruptive in my opinion. I do find the lack of information about when my group spell is no longer on member(s) of the group annoying on long duration spells. However thats normally because the spell drops when the party is split by a portal that forces individual passage and the drop message occurs in the other room. Some messaging is necessary for the caster, but I don't have the experience to judge what would be the right amount for these spells.

>I assume the part where the spell falls off most the group members, line-by-line, very regularly in large groups during invasions. This essentially wipes my screen every minute in such cases.

This. With house hunt type groups rather than invasions in my case. The group banter gets impossible to follow as the RP actions are wiped off the screen. Others quite like the spells, but I'd rather they weren't cast and would prefer to do without the benefits because the messaging is so disruptive. 5 years ago I'd always have wanted a capped cleric on a house hunt, these days I'm happiest when they aren't around.
Re: 211/215 group version 07/30/2015 05:34 PM CDT

It would be really nice if there was a FLAG SHOWSPELLDROP OFF so that you didn't see spells dropping on other players.
Re: 211/215 group version 07/31/2015 12:48 PM CDT
FLAG SHOWDROP would be freaking awesome.

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: 211/215 group version 08/01/2015 04:58 AM CDT
Agreed on the idea of FLAG SHOWDROP. It's an elegant solution that allows for us to have it up in normal circumstances (does one of your characters that knows 103/202/1601 etc want to cast them back on people when hanging out in town?) and get rid of it when in large groups.

Possibly there should be two versions, one that doesn't affect spells falling from anyone on the BEFRIEND list. I can see wanting to know about something like Wall of Force on a certain friend or two during intense invasions (though, I admit, it's pretty hard to keep track of even now).

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: 211/215 group version 08/03/2015 01:23 PM CDT
I'm assuming the same kind of change that happened to 307 and 310 several years ago would work. Previously the effect of 307 or 310 being put on all members of the group was visible to all players and was a big wall of spam. That changed, and now it's just a single line of messaging for everyone, be they grouped or otherwise.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: 211/215 group version 08/04/2015 09:25 AM CDT
>I'm assuming the same kind of change that happened to 307 and 310 several years ago would work. Previously the effect of 307 or 310 being put on all members of the group was visible to all players and was a big wall of spam. That changed, and now it's just a single line of messaging for everyone, be they grouped or otherwise.

This would also work very well. I'd actually say both changes (make 211/215 like 307/310 AND FLAG SHOWDROP) would be welcome.

Luckily, between my characters, I have the two best ways to troll people. Spell drops from Divine Word (1640) and MANA SPELLUP. I guess the flag would potentially remove one of those methods ^_^

Re: 211/215 group version 08/05/2015 08:15 AM CDT
>Luckily, between my characters, I have the two best ways to troll people. Spell drops from Divine Word (1640) and MANA SPELLUP.

Those don't come close to spelling up 402. (Also 404 but I've only ever seen a 404 spell up rapidfire spammed once)