Living Spell and Spell Difficulty 09/19/2011 07:16 AM CDT
I was playing around and casting 208 from a scroll and I found that after STOPping all of my own spells, the "Steal Spell Difficulty" dropped considerably. The spell description however suggests that only outside spells should change the difficulty. Is this a bug, or an unintended feature of a non-empath/cleric casting 208 from a scroll?
Re: Living Spell and Spell Difficulty 09/19/2011 09:10 AM CDT
>I was playing around and casting 208 from a scroll and I found that after STOPping all of my own spells, the "Steal Spell Difficulty" dropped considerably. The spell description however suggests that only outside spells should change the difficulty. Is this a bug, or an unintended feature of a non-empath/cleric casting 208 from a scroll?

That's a good question but I believe it has always worked this way. Pretty much if it's not a spirit spell you have on it's going to up your "steal spell difficulty". If it didn't work this way imagine how easy it would be to just steal 215 from some low level cleric or empath anytime you wanted it. Right now if you want to do it you have to drop pretty much every elemental spell you have on just so you can steal 20 minutes worth of 215(or some other fun spell) and then put all your own spells back on. So, the current design is a good deterrent against people doing this while still being somewhat useful to an actually empath or cleric who wants to steal an elemental spell.

So, the documentation should probably be reworded to indicate that outside spell are always non-spirit spells no matter the casters known circles or the spell should be changed to follow the documentation.
Re: Living Spell and Spell Difficulty 09/19/2011 05:04 PM CDT
I've updated Living Spell's (208) description to state "Additionally, the number of non-spiritual spells the caster has on can affect the success of the results." instead of "Additionally, the number of spells the caster has on outside their own realm of spell knowledge can affect the success of the results."

GameMaster Estild
Cleric/Empath Team
Re: Living Spell and Spell Difficulty 10/10/2011 10:19 PM CDT
"Additionally, the number of non-spiritual spells the caster has on can affect the success of the results." -- Estild

This is still not accurate :D

601 (Colors) is a spiritual spell, but counts against me.
Re: Living Spell and Spell Difficulty 10/11/2011 12:54 AM CDT
I think for the purposes of that spell, it counts as a profession spell, and only minor/major spirit spells are exempt.