Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 01:03 AM CDT
>Same. I think 504 with lore benefits swapped to water lore would be my choice, actually.

Disagree with this as it would have even less chance to work for most wizards than the current setup.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 09:10 AM CDT
You mean for people who somehow don't train in MjE circle? Seeing as how that's where our bolt AS comes from, I find that highly unlikely. Though if for some reason a 50th train wizard doesn't have enough MjE ranks to ward something like level, then perhaps it should be changed into a standard maneuver system like 410 but at the same time, most wizards can ward like level targets with 100% success rate but not everything goes down 100% of the time with 410 (but still pretty high chance)
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 10:33 AM CDT
I'm talking about lore.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 11:03 AM CDT
Considering air lore is still the #1 lore that provides the most bonuses to more spells than any other lore in comparison... it would be unlikely that a wizard doesn't train in air lore. But let's trading air lore for some special build like fire lore heavy build for immolation and 950 AS/CS boost. Well then too bad, you traded fire lore for AS/CS boost, therefore you don't get the benefits of air lore, that is what a trade-off means. At the same time, as of right now the 50 water lore does nothing for me. 46 water lore gives me the 24 free mana for 950 but I'm beginning to think 24 mana is something I can afford and I should just dump it all into another lore again...
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 11:45 AM CDT
I think we're miscommunicating but my comment was about swapping to a water lore requirement.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 12:59 PM CDT
Should 550 stop something like the cman bearhug? You do get immobilized for rounds of time.. I know other factors are involved with cmans, so I'm curious. I was bearhugged last night, and 550 didn't work, I ended up dying.. for a moment I had an entertaining visual of my character breaking an unwanted hug with timestop and a major wave, heh.

The flamepoint sand kitten hisses at a patchwork flesh monstrosity.
... 9 points of damage!
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 01:09 PM CDT
>Should 550 stop something like the cman bearhug? You do get immobilized for rounds of time.. I know other factors are involved with cmans, so I'm curious. I was bearhugged last night, and 550 didn't work, I ended up dying.. for a moment I had an entertaining visual of my character breaking an unwanted hug with timestop and a major wave, heh.

The spell only removes up to 60 seconds of RT, stun duration and immobilization spells (such as bind). If your stun duration was greater than 60 seconds, you're still going to be stunned.

If that was the case, then perhaps the stun duration of a bear hug needs to be looked at for the creature that wrapped it's powerful, bone crushing arms around you.

-Drumpel
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 01:18 PM CDT
Right, but I was unable to cast the spell at all. Messaging was something along the lines of "you're too busy being squished by a big smelly troll man, to do that".
Also bear hugs are rolls for each round I think?, so I'd think we'd be able to break a single round and have a chance to run or kill, maybe?

... 9 points of damage!
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 02:55 PM CDT
Problem is, sure, you stopped time, but he's still holding onto you.

"If you're not otherwise restricted (stunned, bound, etc), yes." -- Estild, #2187

You am restricted (by his burly hairy arms).
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 03:23 PM CDT
While I can appreciate the possibility of 11+ rounds of 'incapacitation', I'm not sure I'd expect to see it at the 'direbear / hairy troll' level.

I suspect we're seeing this as an 'issue' now because before, we had no option but to die / luck out in waiting. The former probably happened far more frequently than the latter. Now we have this cool new toy. . .

Doug
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 03:29 PM CDT
I just envision the weedy little nerd getting caught by the bully. Sure, I've stopped time, but pry as I might, I can't lever his grip open.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/05/2016 04:15 PM CDT
>Should 550 stop something like the cman bearhug? You do get immobilized for rounds of time.. I know other factors are involved with cmans, so I'm curious. I was bearhugged last night, and 550 didn't work, I ended up dying.. for a moment I had an entertaining visual of my character breaking an unwanted hug with timestop and a major wave, heh.

Estild said he needed to manually add in effects such as CMANs, so it's worth asking for it to be looked into. He was able to add in sunder shield, for example.

It's actual mechanics such as being eaten by a crawler that was declined due to being too complex to address.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/06/2016 04:33 PM CDT
TIGGEREYE
Should 550 stop something like the cman bearhug? You do get immobilized for rounds of time.. I know other factors are involved with cmans, so I'm curious. I was bearhugged last night, and 550 didn't work, I ended up dying.. for a moment I had an entertaining visual of my character breaking an unwanted hug with timestop and a major wave, heh.

It does now.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/06/2016 04:41 PM CDT
Thanks for this fix.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/06/2016 05:01 PM CDT
Awesome, thank you!

... 9 points of damage!
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/10/2016 01:02 PM CDT
Can we have either the cast RT removed from e-wave with 550, or let us toggle whether STOP TIME auto casts it or not? Sometimes casting e-wave can cause more problems than without, i.e. you use STOP TIME to get out of a jam and try to fog out right after before you get smacked again, but you can't because you're in cast RT for 3 seconds. This is even more fun when you're in a room full of stuff that ewave has no effect on at all.

Simply leaving the room isn't always an option either depending on your injuries and what's in the surrounding rooms, which you're not gonna exactly have time to PEER to check first either.

~ Methais
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/10/2016 01:08 PM CDT
>let us toggle whether STOP TIME auto casts it or not?

We can already do this.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/10/2016 01:09 PM CDT
I guess I just suck at Gemstone.

What's the verb for this?

~ Methais
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/10/2016 01:13 PM CDT
STOP TIME NOWAVE
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/12/2016 10:41 PM CDT
>I think we're miscommunicating but my comment was about swapping to a water lore requirement.

The original discussion was replacing ewave with flat RT as a lore benefit. The ewave is triggered by water lore. I was saying have water lore trigger a 504-like effect instead of e-wave, but replace slow's air lore requirements in this one specific instance with water lore because it's the 550 water lore bonus. That's all.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/12/2016 11:03 PM CDT
>The ewave is triggered by water lore. I was saying have water lore trigger a 504-like effect instead of e-wave, but replace slow's air lore requirements in this one specific instance with water lore because it's the 550 water lore bonus. That's all.

The WATER wave (410) is triggered by water lore. The fire wave (435 without RT) is triggered by fire lore. Both water + fire lore = full 435. Regardless, it's useless to assume that wizards have 50 ranks of water lore, and I wouldn't want the entire fire lore effect replaced by a water lore requirement either.
Re: Time Stop (550) 10/13/2016 09:00 AM CDT
He didn't say anything about the full-Major Wave (both water + fire) effect at all.

He said,
1) take away the Minor Wave/410 effect (since it's largely useless, due to immunities);
2) replace it with a Slow/504-like effect;
*) (Note that Slow/504 normally works with Air Lore, and this is the 'Water' benefit area of Time Stop/550);
3) for this particular Slow-like effect ONLY, use 'Water' instead of 'Air' for the relevant calculation, since this is the Water Lore effect that is being worked upon.

Everything involved is "the benefit from Water lore"; everything deals with the same 'level' of benefit (the minor wave stage), and higher/different element stages are unaffected (i.e. "you still need Water + Fire for the full wave effect").
Re: Time Stop (550) 12/24/2016 06:01 AM CST
>An enormous rift crawler stares upward for a moment, seemingly focusing on a distant point. The area around its head begins to distort as an incredible high-frequency pulse ripples through the air, assailing your senses with a savage aural assault!
You are frightened into immobility!
>stop time
Tapping into the lines of elemental energies traversing the world, you reach out and twist a few to your bidding. A golden hourglass materializes in front of you and you quickly turn it over, temporarily halting the flow of time in your immediate vicinity.

A sphere of dark ethereal ripples expands outward from you.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>northwest
>You don't seem to be able to move to do that.
You don't seem to be able to move to do that.

Estild, Can 550 work with the damn warcries please? Really annoying I wasted my daily 550 for this :'(

Thanks.
Re: Time Stop (550) 02/08/2017 01:43 AM CST
Crawler fear... as well as undead fear like from liches...

It's been a long time, is anyone even reading these things..
Re: Time Stop (550) 03/14/2017 04:09 PM CDT
DRAFIX
Estild, Can 550 work with the damn warcries please?

Not at this time.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Time Stop (550) 03/15/2017 05:10 PM CDT
>Not at this time.

How's tomorrow looking?

~ Methais
Re: Time Stop (550) 06/22/2017 08:51 AM CDT
When using a browser to set skill goals at 49 ranks of Major Elemental current spell is listed as Researching Unnamed and next spell is Unnamed.

I believe after training 540 next spell should be saying Researching Time Stop.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Time Stop (550) 06/22/2017 08:53 AM CDT
>I believe after training 540 next spell should be saying Researching Time Stop.

If it makes you feel any better, when you learn 520 it is still called Stone Skin and not Mage Armor.

-Drumpel
Re: Time Stop (550) 06/22/2017 10:52 AM CDT
Chad, player of a few
When using a browser to set skill goals at 49 ranks of Major Elemental current spell is listed as Researching Unnamed and next spell is Unnamed.
I believe after training 540 next spell should be saying Researching Time Stop.

Drumpel
If it makes you feel any better, when you learn 520 it is still called Stone Skin and not Mage Armor.

Both of these should now be fixed. Thanks for reporting them.

GameMaster Estild
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page