Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:02 AM CST
I'm having some difficulty in tickling information about enhancives out of critter and treasure dropped items. Is there a special song that's needed? For instance, I sat my 37th level bard down last night with about 20 weapons found over the last few months and sang to them all using modified versions of the loresong Carabele had posted back in December of 2007. I was readily able to get all the usual info, but not one of the weapons showed any enhancives and yet quite a few of their values were high.

As an example this ornate aged imflass fist-scythe.

The first thing that strikes you about the fist-scythe is the weight, which is about 2 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 45,000 silvers. You can also tell that there is some type of metal in the structure of the aged imflass fist-scythe.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the aged imflass fist-scythe in your hand...

It has a bonus of +12 from a normal fist-scythe, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it requires skill in brawling to use effectively. It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the aged imflass fist-scythe in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the fist-scythe has been infused with a corrosive substance.

But the last verse just told me I learned nothing new about the fist-scythe.

Could it be that it is just worth 45K without enhancives?

I know loresinging is a bit of a mystery, and you can't share too much on the forums, but could someone email me any help they might be able to give if it's not allowed to be posted here?
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:13 AM CST
>Could it be that it is just worth 45K without enhancives?

It has acid flares.

Sometimes you do get an item that has a high value for no apparent reason, however.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:18 AM CST
I don't think I've seen an enhancive with a value under 100K, either. Not everything at that value is enhancive, but under it, it's not very likely in my experience.

Others?

Doug
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:22 AM CST
<<Sometimes you do get an item that has a high value for no apparent reason, however. ~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

So are you saying that it's not the loresinging but the lack of enhancives in my items that's failing? If there were changes to stats and/or skills that would show up along with the mention of corrosive substance?
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:26 AM CST
>I don't think I've seen an enhancive with a value under 100K, either.
Doug

Plenty.

-farmer

That's just what we want, criss-crossing furrows all over the town streets from someone wandering through with their animated plow super buddy.
-Strath

Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:28 AM CST
>So are you saying that it's not the loresinging but the lack of enhancives in my items that's failing? If there were changes to stats and/or skills that would show up along with the mention of corrosive substance?

Uh. I'm not really sure what you're asking. If you sing to an enhancive item, it will tell you that it's enhancive and list it's abilities. An easy way not to waste your time is to go to the AG and Order 5, to try and recharge it. If he tells you it's full or gives you a cost, it's enhancive, otherwise, it's not.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 10:59 AM CST
>>So are you saying that it's not the loresinging but the lack of enhancives in my items that's failing? If there were changes to stats and/or skills that would show up along with the mention of corrosive substance?

Yes. Short, simple and sweet, yes. This is exactly what occurs. You get the enhancive info jointly with the info about the weapons other properties, like enchant, flares and weighting.

~Galenok
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 11:02 AM CST
>>Plenty. -farmer

Yeah, you get a lot with a value of under 100k and a lot over. Weapons with a single bonus to stat or skill of +1 typically come in under 100k value, assuming the metal is enchanted only. I've seen steel weapons come with multiple +1 or +2 bonuses and still be under 100k in loresung value.

It is hard for a 4x weapon to be enhancive and be valued at under 100k, though. This is normally the mithril, invar, imflass and ora stuff.

~Galenok
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 01:05 PM CST
Also, concerning enhancive jewelry. It is usually always enhancive if the jewelry appraises for 25k or more at the pawnshop. So whenever I find random jewelry in the treasure system I'll go appraise it at the pawnshop and if it is under 25k I go and sell it to the gemshop.

-Adam

"You guys took all the pretty places." ~Anonymous
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 05:34 PM CST
Keep one for me, farmer. Would love to see one.

The only ones I have, or have seen, are those that had a sub 100K value pre-existing, then had an enhancive added at a merchant, a dachre or PP system.

Case in point - picked up a brooch today -- 950K sung value, with a single rank bonus and a stat +2 bonus, mage rechargable.

Doug
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 05:38 PM CST
Odd, that's exactly out of line with what I've directly experienced. I've had plenty of items that got me scrips or banknotes, and were not enhancive. And when enchancive, they're not that low. Even +10 enhancive weapons go well above 100K.

In fact, I've only ever found one enhancive at 100K. And that was a circlet, and a darn nice one at that.

I'll keep my eye out for some, though -- probably all I'll find, now.

Doug
Re: Loresinging help requested 02/20/2011 05:49 PM CST
Thank you all with your help. My bard feels a lot better now.

And it wasn't that I was hoping to make a lot of silvers from the items, I was just afraid that useful enhancives would vanish into the back room at the pawn and never be seen again as fusion fodder.