Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/14/2018 10:07 AM CDT
Hi there, Target Defense isn't showing as temporary on items, akin to how padding and resists do. I bugged this some time ago as well.

Example - this shield with just temp TD but no temp indicator in first line:

The harmonics generated tell you that the greatshield serves to protect from magical attacks by providing +7 Target Defense. The magical harmonics reveal that this is an item which serves as a shield when held in the left hand.
The greatshield resonates with your voice, revealing some details of its temporary enhancement:
The greatshield's enhancement will degrade when the wearer is struck in combat.
It should be able to withstand an incredible amount of uses before its enhancement has completely degraded away.
When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will lose its special ability.

I would have expected the TD to show as follows in the the first message:

>The harmonics generated tell you that the [item] serves to temporarily protect from magical attacks by providing +7 Target Defense.

Reason it's important is because of items with other temp features, such as resists or padding; the TD may or may not also be temp! Take for example, this armor with perm crit weighting, ???? TD, and temp resists. Can't tell if TD is temp or not:

The harmonics generated tell you that the leather serves to reduce the severity of inflicted wounds and serves to protect from magical attacks by providing +5 Target Defense.
The leather resonates with your voice, revealing some details of its temporary enhancement:
The leather's enhancement will degrade when the wearer is struck in combat.
It should be able to withstand an incredible amount of uses before its enhancement has completely degraded away.
When its enhancement has degraded away, the item will simply return to normal.
As your song penetrates the full leather, you determine that it is temporarily and moderately resistant to natural attacks.
Re: Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/14/2018 10:14 AM CDT
I concur with this. Can we make it happen please
Re: Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/14/2018 05:18 PM CDT
This might explain some weirdness I was seeing and thought it was just me!

Could I plead for clearer loresong results, in general, when there are multiple properties, please? As well as accurate, of course!

~L.

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/15/2018 09:51 PM CDT
I would like to (I think I've asked for this before) repeat my request, that when there is a 'story' LoreSong put onto an item...

...it also reveal the information that is 'normal' for a given verse.
(Like if I ask for 'value' and 'purpose' and 'magic'... and get told about the forging of one of the Vial Flare weapons (from the Auctions, not the Dr. Hess ones). That's great, but howsabout telling me what it weighs, and the plus on it, and so forth.)
Re: Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/16/2018 10:02 AM CDT
NAAMIT
Hi there, Target Defense isn't showing as temporary on items, akin to how padding and resists do.

This should now be resolved. Thanks for reporting it.

KRAKII
I would like to (I think I've asked for this before) repeat my request, that when there is a 'story' LoreSong put onto an item...
...it also reveal the information that is 'normal' for a given verse.
(Like if I ask for 'value' and 'purpose' and 'magic'... and get told about the forging of one of the Vial Flare weapons (from the Auctions, not the Dr. Hess ones). That's great, but howsabout telling me what it weighs, and the plus on it, and so forth.)

This is already possible, but it's up to each individual script to implement it correctly.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Target Defense not showing 'temporary' indicator 07/16/2018 10:53 AM CDT
> This should now be resolved. ~Estild

Thank you very much sir!