Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 01:09 PM CDT
Hello, request here. Can you please change the wording for enhancives in loresinging? As it is right now, it is either 'a bonus to an x' or "a bonus to an x bonus.' It is highly misleading.

Current design:

The bracer resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus to Agility.
It provides a bonus to Perception Bonus.
It provides a bonus to Mana Recovery.
It provides a bonus to Blunt Weapons Ranks.
It provides a bonus to Blunt Weapons Bonus.
You think that you could probably find out something more about the pendant's enhancive properties if you tried.

The bracer resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 8 to Agility.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Perception Bonus.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Mana Recovery.
It provides a bonus of 1 to Blunt Weapons Ranks.
It provides a bonus of 6 to Blunt Weapons Bonus.
The bracer looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

Please change the first word from BONUS to INCREASE, IMPROVEMENT, or ENHANCEMENT.

Example in action:

It provides an enhancement to Agility.
It provides an enhancement to Perception Bonus.
It provides an enhancement to Mana Recovery.
It provides an enhancement to Blunt Weapons Ranks.
It provides an enhancement to Blunt Weapons Bonus.
You think that you could probably find out something more about the pendant's enhancive properties if you tried.

It provides an enhancement of 8 to Agility.
It provides an enhancement of 5 to Perception Bonus.
It provides an enhancement of 2 to Mana Recovery.
It provides an enhancement of 1 to Blunt Weapons Ranks.
It provides an enhancement of 6 to Blunt Weapons Bonus.
The bracer looks to have a lot of charges remaining.

Thank you.
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 01:26 PM CDT
+1
It would be a great (and hopefully very simple) quality of life improvement that will help Bards of all levels, but certainly the new ones the most.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 01:37 PM CDT
That would certainly read better, yeah. +1

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 01:53 PM CDT
Note, the example should have included one for stat bonus instead of Peception, such as this:

It provides a bonus to Aura Bonus
It provides a bonus of 5 to Aura Bonus.

//// Suggested:

It provides an enhancement to Aura Bonus
It provides an enhancement of 5 to Aura Bonus.
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 05:46 PM CDT
And while we're talking about clearing things up in loresongs...

Ever since last year when Loresongs got the "Update" we sometimes get a message about blurry unknown spell or something close to that on blank imbeddibles. :(

The other thing I noticed after that was that faced with multiple enhancements on gear (Hello, Duskruin...) there are now times all you can do is GUESS which one is the permanent and which is the temporary one.

"It's PROBABLY the weighting that is temporary and the Defender bonus that is permanent, but it could be vice versa. Loresongs got fickle last year."

(or whatever it may be)

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/20/2017 07:28 PM CDT
>The other thing I noticed after that was that faced with multiple enhancements on gear (Hello, Duskruin...) there are now times all you can do is GUESS which one is the permanent and which is the temporary one.

This one drives me nuts.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/21/2017 12:24 PM CDT
> "It's PROBABLY the weighting that is temporary and the Defender bonus that is permanent, but it could be vice versa. Loresongs got fickle last year."

I'm also not satisfied with the current messaging for this situation! Though, my understanding is that warriors can tell if weighting and padding are temporary; not clear if they can do the same for resists.
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/21/2017 12:39 PM CDT
Yes, warriors can tell ... Mister Beldannon and I had to work one out last night.

But it's a less than satisfactory way to treat a loresinging to have to tell the client it might be this, it might be that. IF we're lucky, one of the things in question might be something a warrior can tell us which is which.

If its not one of those things, then I tell them to treat them both as if they are temporary. :(

Nobody really wants to hear that. :(

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/21/2017 12:43 PM CDT
Yep. I made a mess of some items and auctions in the last several weeks due to just such wonkiness. Feeling like a cruddy bard. :(
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/21/2017 07:45 PM CDT
We have entirely too many things that are called "enhancements" by the system. We could also have benefits, modifications, (I won't say 'alterations'), and so on.

Here is where I put my reference to OotS again, with their strip about 'up a level/down a level'.

For what it's worth, I also have "issues" with things that can be abbreviated "AS", like Attack Strength, Aimed Spells, and Arcane Symbols. <snort>
Re: Change request: wording in 3rd and 4th verse of enhanvices; please don't use "bonus to xxx" 05/21/2017 11:10 PM CDT
Don't feel like a crummy bard.

Blame the source of this confusion, which is not you.

---