Loresinging Armor with Ranger Resistance 09/18/2016 05:30 PM CDT

So I have a really nice ranger resistance on my armor. When I loresing to it, it tells me:

"You gauge that the fittings have almost no amount of wear and tear remaining to them."

This is perhaps one of the most confusing loresinging results I have ever seen. Is it about to wear out? Is there very little used up on it? I don't know how to interpret this odd grammar syntax.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Loresinging Armor with Ranger Resistance 09/18/2016 10:42 PM CDT
I thought the armor fittings were from the Warrior adjusting your armor. Aren't the fittings the material component that they use to do that?
Re: Loresinging Armor with Ranger Resistance 09/19/2016 02:43 PM CDT
Well, if a warrior were to add ... whatever it is they add to armor ... it shows up as fittings in a loresong, too. And the armor would remember the warrior's name.

And that is not the same as a warrior adjusting your armor while you are wearing it, that thing that acts like a spell.

But my armor has Natural Resistance on it from Mister Aurach. Which has saved my bacon many times in Wyneb. So I know that is what I am seeing.

I was confused by the wording. It seems to say one thing as the sentence begins, but then turns around and makes it mean something else with the last phrase. There's all the potential in the world for that poor wording to actually mean EITHER thing, given the circumstances.

I would like it clarified. If there's an error with that last phrase, then someone should know about it. If that's not an error, then maybe the loresong language could be cleaned up a bit.

It is not the way you would normally say that in English no matter WHICH way it actually is.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Loresinging Armor with Ranger Resistance 09/19/2016 05:15 PM CDT
<I thought the armor fittings were from the Warrior adjusting your armor. Aren't the fittings the material component that they use to do that?>

They are

<I was confused by the wording. It seems to say one thing as the sentence begins, but then turns around and makes it mean something else with the last phrase. There's all the potential in the world for that poor wording to actually mean EITHER thing, given the circumstances.>

It sounds like a messaging issue, as rangers do not use fittings in their process. Perhaps Keios can fix! ;)