Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/08/2016 06:43 PM CDT
Why has this been changed, and when will it get fixed?
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/08/2016 08:24 PM CDT

The first thing that strikes you about the pack is the weight, which is about 54 pounds. In your best estimation, it's worth about 100 silvers.

You carefully examine the travelling pack and determine that the weight is about 58 pounds.

You carefully examine the travelling pack and determine that the weight is about 56 pounds.

You carefully examine the travelling pack and determine that the weight is about 50 pounds.

This still seems to be interacting properly with at least generic containers, fwiw.

Taluric, player of.
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/08/2016 08:28 PM CDT
I'm talking about 100% accuracy, for which the weigh verb does not count.

There's a 5+ lb range of error for huge capacity containers now even though they fill up with 70 small statues for a correct and accurate total of 140 lbs. This is not the case when loresung.
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/08/2016 08:40 PM CDT
Eh, even if the 'weigh' verb can open roll you can control for that statistically with by a couple of methods (ignoring outliers or a large enough sample size). There's very little that can't be derived from a number based system through enough controlled testing. But that's a side tangent.

I can't get any amount of variance on loresinging my pack (always 54 pounds) and it seems right, but I am interested in what you are seeing as I do sing for a variety of friends and prefer to stay on top of what is known and what is merely an in-game estimate. Is your container giving you variable answers via song or is it not the amount it should be for x number of statues + base weight?

Tal.
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/08/2016 11:19 PM CDT
>Is your container giving you variable answers via song or is it not the amount it should be for x number of statues + base weight?

The latter.
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/12/2016 08:23 PM CDT
Speaking more generally, either loresong is no longer accurate or some enhancives were retroactively changed, neither of which is a good thing. It would be good if someone can look into what changed, if anything, on the loresong front and inform us if there were indeed changes made.
Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/15/2016 07:57 AM CDT
>>Speaking more generally, either loresong is no longer accurate or some enhancives were retroactively changed, neither of which is a good thing. It would be good if someone can look into what changed, if anything, on the loresong front and inform us if there were indeed changes made.

The weight calculations for loresong have not been changed in at least 10 years. Perhaps you should recheck the weight of each of your statues and/or your container. In my testing, it was exactly as expected.

Enhancives change value based on how charged they are. Perhaps you should recheck how many charges your enhancives had at the times they differed.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Loresongs no longer accurate for weight/capacity 04/15/2016 01:05 PM CDT
>The weight calculations for loresong have not been changed in at least 10 years. Perhaps you should recheck the weight of each of your statues and/or your container. In my testing, it was exactly as expected.

Thanks for the updates, but the containers are now returning the correct and statue tested values where before they were definitely inaccurate by up to 5 lbs per container.

>Enhancives change value based on how charged they are. Perhaps you should recheck how many charges your enhancives had at the times they differed.

The item in question has been looked into, but something strange definitely happened in that instance for still unknown reasons.