Non-Verse Loresinging Factors 08/31/2015 03:29 PM CDT
I understand that composition of loresongs is a game secret, but I would like to know the player-side factors involved in loresong success. I'm also not looking for a formula, simply a list of stats/skills/etc that play a role in the process outside of the verse/rhyme mechanics.
Re: Non-Verse Loresinging Factors 08/31/2015 03:34 PM CDT
While I think it may have changed somewhat, I'm pretty sure that "Level" is probably one of the single largest factors.

Several years ago, one of the top-tier Bards posted that he could "loresing falchion blah blah blah; blah blah blah blah blah\r" and get an actual result.
Re: Non-Verse Loresinging Factors 08/31/2015 04:13 PM CDT
it's fun, you should try it
Re: Non-Verse Loresinging Factors 09/01/2015 12:51 PM CDT
Level seems to help a lot with identifying out of circle spells, but for your run of the mill weapons, armor, jewelry you shouldn't have any issue after about 20 trains. The amount of mana you have in your pool can sometimes affect how well it works, but I think most know you have to keep enough mana to loresing effectively. I haven't noticed perception, or mental lores, impacting my loresong success at all, songs known might also be important, but it can be hard to separate that from the effectiveness of level.

Archales
Re: Non-Verse Loresinging Factors 09/02/2015 06:57 AM CDT
>Level seems to help a lot with identifying out of circle spells, but for your run of the mill weapons, armor, jewelry you shouldn't have any issue after about 20 trains.

I'd say level 10 in my experience, but that may be due to high INF.

>songs known might also be important, but it can be hard to separate that from the effectiveness of level.

Level 4 is difficult, level 20 with only 4 songs isn't. Its the level.