Loresinging at level 4 08/03/2014 10:03 PM CDT
I never expected loresinging to be all that great for a low level bard, but what information can I expect to find out from items and what things are out of reach?

Magarven the Mad
Re: Loresinging at level 4 08/04/2014 11:20 AM CDT
I would recommend doing what I did, grab a few known items and try singing to them.

Drake weapon
Feras weapon
shield
armor
food
rocks

Practice developing your loresongs and note what you are able/unable to determine. I also noted my success/failure in singing to drake weapons earlier in this thread.

-- Robert
A couple of requests 07/22/2015 03:17 PM CDT
1) When it comes to armors with multiple forms of enhancements that could be temporary and only one of them is... there is currently no way to tell what is temp and what isn't. Can we get a better correlation between temp effects and their duration? https://ps.lichproject.org/items?s=some+polished+spiked+invar+double+chain&f=A--9________F_B provides an example of what I'm talking about. (two resistances, one or both are temp, no idea which).

2) Is there any way we could get ranger resist to show up as such in via song? I'm not interested in knowing the duration or anything, just that the armor has 620 on it and would need a ranger for further information. The fact that it sings as permanent with nothing to indicate otherwise can be misleading.

Small things, but I was just looking through some player shop inventories today got to be reacquainted with some of the limitations built into song reveals.

Tal.
Re: A couple of requests 07/22/2015 03:27 PM CDT
I'd also like to see Ensorcellment show up in lore song.

~ GtG
Re: A couple of requests 08/29/2015 02:16 PM CDT
As to the various Tiers that sorcerers can put on items, you look at the item and can see the effect, then a casting of 405 will reveal the tier. Confused me when I couldn't find it by loresong myself :)
Re: A couple of requests 08/29/2015 03:16 PM CDT
<<<As to the various Tiers that sorcerers can put on items, you look at the item and can see the effect, then a casting of 405 will reveal the tier. Confused me when I couldn't find it by loresong myself :)>>>

I absolutely think ensorcelling should be showing up in loresong. It doesn't make sense that it doesn't. While other means of obtaining information may exist, loresinging should always remain the best, most comprehensive method. In my opinion, sticking all the info about ensorcell into Elemental Detection was, I'm sorry to say, rather lazy. That said...I understand loresinging is probably a pain to have to work with from a coding perspective. So I get it. But from a game perspective...it really should be in there.

~ GtG