Hammer of Kai not able to be sung? 09/09/2013 04:53 PM CDT
I've noticed for the last couple months that when I find any Hammer of Kai, that loresongs simply do not work. Has there ever been an explanation on why this is happening, or is it a bug, or is it just me? Everything else works just fine, it's only the Hammer of Kai items that don't work for me.
Re: Hammer of Kai not able to be sung? 09/09/2013 05:14 PM CDT
Try using hammer of kai, the whole thing, not just part of it in your loresong.
Re: Hammer of Kai not able to be sung? 04/06/2018 02:44 PM CDT
(I hope my post doesn't violate any game secrets, all I am really doing here is pointing out some general things to try, but someone please hide this quickly if I screwed up by posting this.)

I have never met a ball & chain or hammer of Kai that was impossible to loresing, and I have sung to gabillions due to the fact that, for many years now, it has fascinated me how finicky they are to what you call them! Results vary from one ball & chain (or hammer of Kai) to the next.

So, for example: I have "a grass green ball & chain"
I would start with the obvious "grass green ball & chain"... but don't forget you could also try turning the "&" into a real word "grass green ball and chain"... and also could try leaving it out entirely... "ball chain", "ball", or "chain"... as well as trying various other combinations like "green chain" or "grass chain" or "green ball" or "grass ball".

Hope this helps.
Nytengale Ravenswind
Re: Hammer of Kai not able to be sung? 04/06/2018 08:26 PM CDT
I ran across a ball & chain the other day that required both ::ball targeting, ball noun reference and its vaalorn adjective reference to get it to work. Confounded quite a few people. Using ampersands in the noun should be avoided because the system changes it into "& amp ;" and in loresinging, semicolon forces a carriage return.
Re: Hammer of Kai not able to be sung? 04/13/2018 03:20 PM CDT
Naamit said:
>I ran across a ball & chain the other day that required both ::ball targeting, ball noun reference and its vaalorn adjective reference to get it to work. Confounded quite a few people. Using ampersands in the noun should be avoided because the system changes it into "& amp ;" and in loresinging, semicolon forces a carriage return.

That has been my experience too, "what you need to reference in your loresong" maybe depends on who created or altered the item I guess(?) and how they set it up. Perhaps it is more standardized nowadays but there are still some doozies in circulation. It made me laugh, the time when it was something like either a green ball or green chain.

Btw glad to know about the "&" and the reason behind why it seemed not to work (probably "all the time" but I never realized it failed EVERY single time).

Thanks.
Nytengale