Different properties of loresinging 04/18/2013 01:22 PM CDT
I am not sure what can or cannot be divulged on these forums in regards to loresinging, but I was wondering what CAN be gotten from it? Such as weight and value, the level of enchantment, etc.

Without giving away too much, I use a basic 4 step process (4 two-line songs) to gather whatever I can learn from an item. Usually, that is all that is necessary to get everything that CAN be found via loresinging. However, with things getting new abilities, or may have special scripts in them that reveal more than the standard value, enchant, enhancements and flares, I feel that I may be missing something in my loresinging that doesn't reveal a specific facet of the item.

Secondly, and I am somewhat clueless here, I think there is a particular order that is necessary to pull information from an item. Is this a set progression that must be followed? Such as, must I start out finding the value and weight, before going onto purpose and magical properties, then onward to special abilities? Is it possible to jump from one step to another, or attempt to find enhancement properties before gleaning the value, or weight?

--Zizzle
Re: Different properties of loresinging 04/18/2013 03:01 PM CDT
Most items only have four possible levels of information. Exceptions are rare, and usually result in a story, rather than any technical info. If you get four songs to respond, that's likely all there is. This is not necessarily to say that you get all possible information. For example, you might draw the fourth song out of an imbedded item, but not get the specific spell. Usually this is simply due to your level or spell training.

There is an order for pulling information from an item, when you choose not to use keywords. It's not something you need to do, it happens automatically. You can use keywords in order, but it's not necessary. The power of keywords is to be able to pull specific information from an item, out of order. For example, if all you want to know is what spell an item contains, you can skip right to the "spell" verse. If you're not doing that, you don't need keywords. Most bards use keywords incorrectly, and some (like "magic") aren't keywords at all.

Keywords are still considered an in-game secret, as far as I know. Some are commonly known, some aren't. Some are simply wrong. Some, if they exist at all, are still a mystery.

The important thing to note about loresinging is it is largely level based. The higher you are, the better it works. Strong songs and solid knowledge of keywords can help--a little--but ultimately if you want to get better, you just have to keep leveling up.

~ Heathyr and friends

PS: Auntia is always happy to talk shop with other bards, and share her knowledge of loresinging. She's usually found around the Landing, when she's not home in Zul Logoth.
Re: Different properties of loresinging 08/30/2013 10:50 AM CDT
Most items only have four possible levels of information. Exceptions are rare, and usually result in a story, rather than any technical info. If you get four songs to respond, that's likely all there is. This is not necessarily to say that you get all possible information. For example, you might draw the fourth song out of an imbedded item, but not get the specific spell. Usually this is simply due to your level or spell training.

There is an order for pulling information from an item, when you choose not to use keywords. It's not something you need to do, it happens automatically. You can use keywords in order, but it's not necessary. The power of keywords is to be able to pull specific information from an item, out of order. For example, if all you want to know is what spell an item contains, you can skip right to the "spell" verse. If you're not doing that, you don't need keywords. Most bards use keywords incorrectly, and some (like "magic") aren't keywords at all.

Keywords are still considered an in-game secret, as far as I know. Some are commonly known, some aren't. Some are simply wrong. Some, if they exist at all, are still a mystery.

The important thing to note about loresinging is it is largely level based. The higher you are, the better it works. Strong songs and solid knowledge of keywords can help--a little--but ultimately if you want to get better, you just have to keep leveling up.

~ Heathyr and friends

PS: Auntia is always happy to talk shop with other bards, and share her knowledge of loresinging. She's usually found around the Landing, when she's not home in Zul Logoth.

Heathyr,

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this! I've been doing some research on lore singing for my 'new' bard and just recently composed my first lore song. Your post had more useful information than almost anything else I have come across so far! I'll make it a point to seek out Auntia sometime in the near future as I would be greatly interested in discussing keywords with her in some depth.

Thanks again!

-- Robert