Lockpicks 04/13/2015 04:01 PM CDT
Been a lockpick player for a good bit and haveing many, many lockpicks used over the years that have done their deed in opening boxes. Many have been broken from 10 to 22 times and repaired, some by the shop and many my own repairs. These lockpicks just do not work on the higher end boxes I open now. And yes, I use copper for many of the boxes I open. Can we have a Lock Mastery skill added that allows us to make these picks new, even a way that is done by forge skills would be acceptable. My rogue is a master in LM and is well up in skills to forge weapons, but still working at it.

These used picks are hard to toss due to the barrel scripts and they will not be purchased by the pawnbrokers. Seems to me that this is a good reason to make a new skill for lockpicks (restore lockpick to new), and still allow us to modify with insert metals for the custom look and in some cases better lockpick strength.

Sidake
Re: Lockpicks 04/13/2015 07:53 PM CDT
Enough of the boxes I pick lately are close to or at the edge of my skill, so I don't even bother repairing vaalin picks when they break. I just take them over to Hearthstone and get a deed.

The difficulty with getting rid of high end, broken picks has been the bane of most of my picking carrier, though. Prior to outgrowing RR, I'd been known to yell at my screen that I did, in fact, know that broken pick was worthless and to stop being a....well...you get the gist. Unless I'm in the Landing, the only way I've found to get rid of broken picks it to drop them somewhere in the wilds and let the janitor take them.

Some way to melt down broken vaalin, venium, invar, etc picks into a fresh bar we could use to make brand new picks would be awesome, even if it took 2-3 broken picks to make a bar.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lockpicks 04/13/2015 09:14 PM CDT
The 'Do you know how valuable this is?!?!' script really needs to be rewritten with an override option on it. This is equally annoying with some of the things from EG (some of the makeup items after they have been used up and it is an empty container).

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."