Finished LM 11/07/2017 08:31 AM CST
Wrapped up LM on Saturday (thanks Trewlos and the two mystery benefactors for 3 surprise guild nights). I was planning to do a review of LM, but it's mostly stuff I've already posted about so I'll cut it down to, mostly, bullet points.

*Audience reps, the danger they pose to innocents, and the friction they create between rogues/non-rogues is unnecessary.

*Skill point overflow needs to be applied to the next rank. I wasted 363 points which was an okay guild night's worth and, including time hunting up boxes, is around 10 hours of time and effort wasted for no reason. The game is grindy enough without just straight up trashing our time.

*Skill/pick mod requirements. 95% of my boxes came from creatures 10-20 levels above me because it wasted the least amount of my time. Either tie reps to critter level or drop the increasing pick mod requirement.

*Calipers should be more useful from the get go.

*I think it'd be nice if the training administrator would give us a skill update when we return from getting promoted to the next rank. Something like, "Congratulations, Player, you can now use the <whatever> trick and repair <suchandsuch> lockpicks! Now, let's find you something to do..." I got caught once or twice using the old ptrick before I realized I'd learned a new one and a few times went to try to make/repair a pick before finding out I hadn't progressed far enough.

*We do get a RT reduction when detecting trapped boxes. I detected 135 traps with both a LM rank 49+ and a LM rank 8. The 49+ spent, on average, 5.6s less time then the rank 8. I'd like to see that benefit increase and applied to detecting untrapped boxes.

Random numbers:

5,871 points
423 tasks (the vast, vast majority of my work came on guild nights or with guild boosts)
2,636 total reps
586 audience reps
1,264 misc reps (rank specific tasks, i.e. clasping, wedging, components, etc. I used many vouchers late to avoid needing boxes. Created 182 picks, customized 311)
272 contest reps (traded out of these as much as possible. Point:time ratio is god awful)
514 tough box reps
1,420 minimum boxes (probably need close to 2k rep-able boxes considering component reps, user error, audience wandering away, etc.)

If advancing in LM is important to you, buy vouchers. They're dirt cheap compared to the headaches and frustration they can save you.