Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 10:29 AM CDT
Hi everybody,

The list of containers that can have a lock added to them has been updated (which, in turn, has updated the list of containers that can only be clasped). The following nouns can have a clasp and lock added to them now (many of these were already on the list, but a bunch of them could only be clasped before):

atanika, ataniki, backpack, bag, bankbook, basket, book, burnoose, cape, capelet, carryall, case, casket, cloak, coat, doublet, folio, greatcloak, handbag, harness, haversack, hip-basket, hip-satchel, jacket, kit, knapsack, longcloak, longcoat, manifest, mantle, musette, over-gown, overrobe, pack, pelisse, pocketbook, pouch, prayerbook, purse, quiver, register, reliquary, reticule, robe, robes, rucksack, sack, saddlebag, satchel, shroud, songbook, sporran, tome, tome, toolkit, tube, valise, vestment

These following nouns can only be clasped (because they are too thin or small to reasonably support any sort of lock):

neckpouch, waistcoat, shrug

And for completeness, the following nouns can only have a lock added (no changes here):

box, chest, coffer, strongbox, trunk

Ixix
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 03:17 PM CDT
Shiny update, thanks Ixix. LM article on the wiki has been updated, and post saved for posterity.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 04:59 PM CDT
Also, since book, tome, folio, and prayerbook are lockable, how about adding grimoire, volume, and codex?

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 06:35 PM CDT
Just so that I can discuss them all at once with the team, are there any other requests for nouns to be added to any of those 3 lists?

Ixix
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 07:08 PM CDT
...journal and diary, on the book list, too. * whistles *

---
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/07/2017 09:01 PM CDT
Pants would be great!

...just generally speaking.

-- Wheels & Skulls Department

You see Blood Mayor Cruxophim the Blood Reaver.
“Blood for the Blood Mayor! Skulls for the Skull Office!”

[ Storyline: https://goo.gl/VQkXAZ ]
[ Order of the Shadow: https://goo.gl/88Ojff ]
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/10/2017 12:41 PM CDT
For an explanation on why pants and pants-like nouns aren't an option - that one was nixed because of the potential (and this has happened in the past as well) abuse of the messaging regarding opening and closing pants.

Sorry! I don't expect that any of you fine folks would misuse that, but we need to careful about it.

Ixix
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/10/2017 12:49 PM CDT
<I don't expect that any of you fine folks would misuse that, but we need to careful about it.>

Clearly you haven't met my gnome. If he could OPEN his pants rather then REMOVE them before peeing on boots/shoes, he would.... and you'll never convince me that anyone that has a problem with it is anything other then a prude.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/10/2017 01:34 PM CDT

>>I don't expect that any of you fine folks would misuse that

Berbels. That's all.
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/10/2017 01:51 PM CDT
>For an explanation on why pants and pants-like nouns aren't an option - that one was nixed because of the potential (and this has happened in the past as well) abuse of the messaging regarding opening and closing pants.

You insult us!

Personally, I always liked keeping my balls in my pants.

>l in my pants
In the spidersilk pants you see a rough brown wood ball.

...though it seems I have misplaced one of them. I'm down to only having one ball in my pants right now. I wonder where I put the other one. It's just not the same with only being able to pull one ball out of my pants. I really should find the other one, it just seems funnier when I take two balls out, play with them and put them away.

-Drumpel (yes, I can be childish at times)
Re: Clasping/Locking Update 05/10/2017 05:09 PM CDT

oooh... spider bag pants!!