LM CREATE question 12/31/2016 06:02 PM CST
Aside from ranks in Lock Mastery, are there any skill or stat bonuses (or other factors) that influence the result when creating a lockpick using LM CREATE?

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: LM CREATE question 01/02/2017 08:53 AM CST
Your (enhanced if applicable) Dexterity, Intuition, and Discipline bonuses can help (dex more than the other two), along with your lockpicking skill (bonus not ranks) and LM ranks. There's a large luck component to the modifier but having high values for those things will improve your chances at a good modifier.

Ixix
Re: LM CREATE question 01/02/2017 10:51 AM CST
Thank you! I appreciate the information!

I've had some (exceptionally) good luck in this and was wondering if it was all luck or if possibly some of my (unenhanced) stats were contributing.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: LM CREATE question 01/02/2017 11:04 AM CST
Can there be an option for LM CREATE to just create an exactly-on-mod lockpick? Not above, not below, just normal for that metal.
Re: LM CREATE question 01/03/2017 05:08 AM CST
On-mod will usually be cheaper from a shop (roughly 40 trading ranks will get you enough discount on lockpicks in Mist Harbor to beat the component price). There's not a lot of point in an on-mod setting for LM create unless the component price is substantially reduced. If there's a change I'd like it to be that the smith can direct their skill at getting the mod they want (high and low as well as standard), rather than their skill being used against them to create an undesirably high mod when standard or low would have been a better result. An undesirably high mod is an average experience penalty of about 25 per use of the pick to me, and that's a pretty high fraction of picking experience to lose for a supposedly beneficial roll.