LM Task Rewards 07/27/2016 07:47 PM CDT
Just a thought in line with the whole guild-night concept and the fact that there are much fewer people around these days...

Anyone else think the rewards from Lmastery tasks is a little low? Kind of silly that I'm seeing 30 points on guild night for creature reps that take me 5 minutes, but getting a single tasks complete from boxes I've saved up all week nets me 14 points for a whopping 7 boxes picked.

Probably made a bit more sense a few years ago when you could sit in the east tower and rep all day. Any intent or plans to look at it?
Re: LM Task Rewards 07/28/2016 07:41 AM CDT
If you want to progress in LM at a decent rate, stay away from the Landing in general and the East Tower in particular. Its not a new thing. I remember sitting in there all day and picking, but I also remember never getting any reps from it. I did the other 5 skills mostly in the Landing, and their partner reps mostly in the East Tower, but I only got LM reps at a decent rate by moving town.
Re: LM Task Rewards 07/28/2016 07:48 AM CDT
LM benefits have got a bit tawdry but I'd rather see it made something worth working for, than something made trivial to get because its benefits became trivial.
Re: LM Task Rewards 07/28/2016 02:24 PM CDT
The best way to advance in LM is to save your boxes. Save. Your. Boxes.
Re: LM Task Rewards 07/28/2016 04:01 PM CDT
Loot boosts are awesome. I can usually walk away with 5-8 boxes from a Minor or Major loot boost - this is usually within 10 minutes because I just can't carry anymore with a disk and also dragging a box around to keep my weight down as long as possible. This can usually get me through 1 full task and part of a second picking task (if another is given to me).

-Drumpel
Re: LM Task Rewards 07/29/2016 07:45 AM CDT
>Save. Your. Boxes.

Traps. Its the extraction and plate reps where you really gain from having a few lockers worth of the appropriate traps saved. (I had about 200 spots of locker with a selection of trapped boxes and ended up with a few spares in some and just ran out on others.) You need a lot less now so maybe just one locker of boxes would be enough.