LMASTER CLASP updates 03/30/2015 06:52 PM CDT
Hi everybody,

The following nouns have been added to the list of nouns that can be clasped and locked with LM: saddlebag, pocketbook, tome, and folio

The LMASTER CLASP command has been updated with a REMOVE option. Guild members with sufficient skill to add a clasp can now remove one. This will leave the item stuck open and able to have a new clasp added through LM. The process will permanently change the long or show of the item to reflect the removal of the clasp if applicable, and not all altered items will be able to have the clasp removed, but I tried to make it as inclusive as possible without causing trouble.

Also customized lockpicks should be correctly clicky now.

Ixix
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 03/30/2015 07:21 PM CDT
On the low wooden stage you see an indigo banner and a dark blue satin pouch.
>get pou
You remove a dark blue satin pouch from on a low wooden stage.
>lm clasp check pou
A dark blue satin pouch already has a clasp, and cannot have a lock added.
>lm clasp rem
You look around, but don't see the tools you need here. That's probably because they're in the workshops at the Guild.

>lm clasp remove pouch
You carefully look over your pouch, figuring out how to remove the clasp.
To confirm your choice, enter LMASTER CLASP REMOVE my pouch within 90 seconds.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>lm clasp remove pouch
With some brightly finished kelyn scissors from the workbench, you carefully remove the clasp from your pouch.
Roundtime: 42 sec.

R>lm clasp check my pou
A dark blue satin pouch can have a clasp attached to it, but not a lock.

>get clasp
You remove a smooth gold clasp from in your leather satchel.
>lm clasp my pou
Picking up a punch from the workbench, you carefully put a hole in the pouch where you intend to attach a clasp.
Roundtime: 27 sec.
R>lm clasp my pou
You are about to attach a smooth gold clasp to a dark blue satin pouch. Your blue satin pouch may have this clasp appear as a long description, show description or not be visible at all.

>SECURE
Selecting a pair of grips from the workbench, you carefully put a smooth gold clasp through the hole in your blue satin pouch and secure it in place.
Roundtime: 44 sec.
R>l pou
The blue satin pouch is secured with a smooth gold clasp.

R>lm clasp remove my pouch
You carefully look over your pouch, figuring out how to remove the clasp.
Your pouch will no longer have a detailed appearance.
To confirm your choice, enter LMASTER CLASP REMOVE my pouch within 90 seconds.

Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>lm clasp remove my pouch
>
With some brightly finished kelyn scissors from the workbench, you carefully remove the clasp from your pouch.
Roundtime: 30 sec.
R>glanc
You glance down to see a dark blue satin pouch in your right hand and nothing in your left hand.
R>l pou
You see nothing unusual.

>lm clasp check my pou
A dark blue satin pouch can have a clasp attached to it, but not a lock.

The process does destroy the clasp but I don't even care. This is wonderful. Gold star.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 03/31/2015 01:22 AM CDT

Nice update.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/06/2015 05:12 PM CDT

Someday you'll add trousers! That will be a good day. But yes, a good update.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/08/2015 02:52 PM CDT
>>Someday you'll add trousers! That will be a good day. But yes, a good update.

Your trousers don't have anything worth stealing anyway.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/15/2015 05:01 PM CDT
>>Someday you'll add trousers! That will be a good day. But yes, a good update.

While someone is throwing out a request, I'd like to offer belt and surcoat to the list of clasp-ready containers.

Also, if something isn't claspable, but containers of that type normally are, can it typically be fixed (or made open/closable) with an assist?
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/15/2015 05:43 PM CDT
At this time I would not be inclined to allow belts, trousers, or surcoats to have clasps added through LM. Any pockets that would be on belts and trousers would be too small for LM clasping, in my opinion, and I'm not really sure that surcoats should even have pockets.

As far as assists go - that's going to be a case by case thing, but unless it's a bug or obvious problem, I would not expect a GM to change the open/close-ability of a container.

Ixix
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/16/2015 04:41 PM CDT
Maybe we're speaking at crossed purposes here to a degree. I'm not really sure what "too small for LM clasping" means ultimately. I just want to be able to open/close containers.

I've got boots I can open/close and I've been able to use the words vest, vestment, surcoat, and tabard pretty much interchangeably in alterations. Your view on surcoats seems to be a unique one, really. Though personally, I find pocketed capes a bit ridiculous. I guess if you take exception to certain nouns having "clasped with ..." descriptions, I sort of see it but I thought this was the reason for the clasped/buckled/pinned/secured/fastened description options.

I kind of assumed the clasping limitations were more of an oversight based upon lots of old items that didn't work with the LM clasping system. I don't really see a purpose in a designed limitation. For me, opening and closing things is a basic aspect of gameplay. Say you're wearing a handful of containers and are moving lots of random things around with duplicate nouns. It's pretty convenient to close one container so you don't have to specify which container every single time. INVENTORY FULL can be easier to read if you can close/open what you like. Stuff like that. Just... basic gameplay.

Kind of having a twilight zone moment feeling like I have to explain my thinking.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 04/16/2015 05:28 PM CDT
Adding synonyms for nouns that are already on the list is one thing, but these three would be entirely new, and I need to be careful about that - it's not something that I can undo down the road. I think your argument is good, but I need to think about it and balance it with other things.

Ixix
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 05/03/2015 06:18 AM CDT
Thanks for being warm to a discussion on the matter.
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 05/03/2015 10:01 AM CDT
I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Ixix
Re: LMASTER CLASP updates 10/23/2015 04:01 PM CDT

Would it be possible to have "carrier" added to the approved noun list? Pretty please?

I have one that is just a normal belt-worn container, but it doesn't seem to be on the list (at least according to the wiki).