wedging reps 11/30/2014 12:54 AM CST
OK, working on wedges and here is what my current task says ...

>>he Training Administrator told you to wedge open some boxes.
At least 1 more should have a plated lock or fused tumblers, or be out of your league with a pick.
You have 8 repetitions remaining to complete this task.<<

It doesn't specifically require that boxes be decently challenging, but when I wedged a few boxes for a friend, I got no reps. Am I correct in assuming that the boxes need to provide a challenge if I were using a pick to open them, in order to get reps?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: wedging reps 11/30/2014 02:15 AM CST
It's been a long time since I did these reps, but if I remember correctly, the boxes need to be from a critter that's not to far beneath your own level. It's usually easier to just go get yer own boxes for these reps then trying to pick for others, unless they have fused/plated boxes.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: wedging reps 11/30/2014 02:44 AM CST
Yeah; found this out for myself. My own boxes work, those from folks 20 trains under me don't.

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."