footpad reps 04/15/2014 04:56 PM CDT
OK, doing lockmastery reps with the footpads, I get asked to describe room conditions and any spells on me. How do I answer this? If the room has average lighting and is foggy, and I have locklore on me, what do I say? Spell name? spell number? With commas? No commas? Use the word "and"?

Do I say "Average, foggy, traplore"? Or maybe "Average lighting and foggy and 403"? So far I haven't managed to guess the proper phrasing on any attempt. Also, is there a list of the spells and their descriptions that they cast on you? What the heck spells give me "blurred vision" or a "feeling of confidence"?

"So, what does that green line on the graph represent?"
"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: footpad reps 04/15/2014 04:57 PM CDT
Oh, and what's the definition of an audience again?

"Oh, that's the projection of a hypothetical offspring from a union between Sauron and Cruella de Ville; we use that as a baseline for determining character alignment."
Re: footpad reps 04/15/2014 09:16 PM CDT
Description Spell
ConfidentSelf Control
NimbleLockpick Enhancement
Quite focusedDisarm Enhancement
Spirits swirlingInterference
AlertPresence
Buzzing in earsSounds
Blurry visionWeapon Deflection
VoicesAmulet

There's a bit of latitude in the response. I think you can get a rep if you just list each separated by a comma or, alternatively, you can say: I am feeling good, the room is well-lit. I am wearing disarm enchancement and self control.

I'm not sure if 'voices' is still one of the options since it was removed from the disarm bonus/penalty list and if I remember correctly, the Spell Active command will also display what your wearing.

Mark
Re: footpad reps 04/15/2014 09:56 PM CDT
Spell active! I never even thought of that! Doh!

::facepalm::

Thanks!

Re: footpad reps 04/16/2014 06:57 AM CDT
Its a long time since I did those, but I don't remember it being a problem, and I'd just have cut and pasted from the lm sense output or copied the master's way of talking about it in the intro spiel to the task.
Re: footpad reps 04/17/2014 09:23 PM CDT
Yeah just repeating the words that the footpad said worked for me, oh so many moons ago.