Broken lockpicks 05/22/2012 10:36 PM CDT
It would be nice if there was a way Masters of lock mastery could melt broken lockpicks at the toolbenches to create bars suitable for making new lockpicks... even if it required two or three broken picks to make the bars.

Since mastering lock mastery, I generally just make new picks in the rare even one breaks since there's no need for me to have a modded down pick any more. The problem is, the pawnshop won't buy broken picks and you can't just toss expensive picks like vaalin or veniom in the barrel to get rid of them (unless you remember you have a broken pick on you when you have an empty box to toss in one, which I never do). This means I generally have to find some out of the way place to drop them for the janitor to pick them up... BUT, if I could take a couple broken picks to the guild and melt them down to make a new one, I'd have a reason to hold onto them and wouldn't have to litter.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Broken lockpicks 05/23/2012 03:23 PM CDT
Not sure if you are aware but you can use the broken lockpicks to get deeds. I forget what all towns that trick works in though.
Re: Broken lockpicks 05/24/2012 12:14 AM CDT
I had heard about that, but it doesn't work in RR and I couldn't tell you what towns it works in either. Heck, I leave RR so infrequently with any of my characters the only two places I even know how to get deeds in are RR and the Landing (might work in Hearthstone Manor now that I think about it, though it's been a decade or more since I got a deed there).

For me, being able to melt them into a bar would be far more useful then using them for deeds even if that worked in RR... I find enough deed gems over the course of normal hunting that I could get several deeds a day whether I needed them of not if I wanted to.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Broken lockpicks 05/24/2012 10:10 AM CDT
They work well in any town with one of the drawer style deed spots. Hearthstone is just an example of one. I know that Vaalor's is based on the same sort of device. I can't speak to Solhaven's method as I don't believe I've ever tried a broken pick there.

~Galenok
Re: Broken lockpicks 06/28/2012 07:12 AM CDT
While not a Lock Mastery tie-in, Tayberry will be offering a lockpick restoral service at the Frontier Days celebration this year.

~Vanah