Lockpick quality 04/23/2012 09:42 PM CDT
When making a lockpick, what determines which message you get regarding the quality of your work?

I just used lmaster appraise on two different picks I made from the same metal, one of "exceptional quality" and the other of "fairly average quality" and got the same messaging. Is there any point to making sure all my picks are the made of exceptional quality or would I be wasting my silver?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lockpick quality 04/24/2012 04:37 AM CDT
The exceptional quality one will have a slightly higher pick mod to it then a normal store bought lockpick of the same metal. Unless you are trying for some kind of record breaking lock max and need that extra bonus you shouldn't worry about it.
Re: Lockpick quality 04/24/2012 06:18 AM CDT
Ah, I see. Thank you very much.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Lockpick quality 04/24/2012 11:35 AM CDT
Mostly I prefer to make mine average. Its a lot easier choosing the appropriate pick when they have the standard mods.

Vaalin for attempted record breaking is really the only one that there is a point to having it exceptional, just like it is the only pick that there is any point to having enhancive.