Finros please chime in? 03/18/2012 03:09 PM CDT
I know i'm asking a lot (and did so in a drunken manner). Would appreciate a little feedback on which ideas are AWESOMESAUCE and which are just asking for too much...

plskthnx!

The Last Ro-mimzy
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/21/2012 02:41 AM CDT
>I know i'm asking a lot (and did so in a drunken manner). Would appreciate a little feedback on which ideas are AWESOMESAUCE and which are just asking for too much...

None of the other trap components really fit the definition of "hurlable" (with the arguable exception of scarabs, perhaps). I would like to do more with traps at some point in the future, possibly including additional uses for components, but that isn't coming up anytime soon until I can move some of my other projects into the "done" column.

By the way, you don't need to resort to a "Summon Finros" subject line in the future, heh. I try to respond whenever I see a request for my presence, but a note in the original thread would have been just fine.
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/21/2012 10:06 AM CDT
While you are lurking Finros, any input on the possibility of making Silent Strike an AIMed attack? I remember before you mentioned you'd look into it so I'm curious as to whether or not you had any time to do so.

A side note, I still would like to push for Nodes in every professional guild hall if possible. Some of us folk wouldn't mind resting in our guild hall establishment instead of some fancy nancy town square in the open. It only seemed fitting to utilize a building/hall created specifically for a retreat for each profession, but as they stand now hardly anyone does merely for the fact there are no nodes within them.

~Now with more GRR!

AIM: Tehir Xunlari
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/21/2012 10:00 PM CDT

gonna toss a thank you out there...and also can't wait to see what you cook up next!
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/22/2012 02:37 AM CDT
>While you are lurking Finros, any input on the possibility of making Silent Strike an AIMed attack? I remember before you mentioned you'd look into it so I'm curious as to whether or not you had any time to do so.

I did bring the issue up with a few other team members. The general consensus right now is that it should be left unaimed. I am keeping the possibility in mind for the future, if it ever becomes more appropriate in conjunction with a larger set of (hypothetical) changes.

>A side note, I still would like to push for Nodes in every professional guild hall if possible.

I remain cognizant of this desire, though I am personally undecided as to whether it would be the best idea in the current environment. Part of the purpose of nodes is to encourage congregation, and having large sets of them in close proximity can work against that goal.
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/22/2012 06:47 AM CDT

>>I remain cognizant of this desire, though I am personally undecided as to whether it would be the best idea in the current environment. Part of the purpose of nodes is to encourage congregation, and having large sets of them in close proximity can work against that goal.

Suggestion. Instead of adding more nodes why not adjust the system so that when X number of people are gathered in one place they all benefit from the effects a node would provide. Possibly a sliding scale so that two people shows a slight bonus where as three or four might be a regular node. If a change like this was acceptable then people wouldn't have to remember where nodes are (I honestly have no idea except for tables and 1 location per city)

Side note, glad to see that guild work was one of the new SERVICE toggles. I'll have to remember to flag my rogue when I have him in game.

Lochiven
Re: Finros please chime in? 03/22/2012 09:06 AM CDT
Understandable, thanks for the fast reply.

I just guess I'm in the minority when I speak for my Rogue, who doesn't want to surround himself with outsiders so to speak but would gladly welcome with open arms the idea of hanging in a lounge/bar/tavern type area with other shady individuals.

Think Rogue Guild Tavern in Skyrim I.E.

But, I'll settle with what I have for now then

~Now with more GRR!

AIM: Tehir Xunlari
Re: Finros please chime in? 04/17/2012 08:49 AM CDT
Rolfard hurls a small jaws trap at you! BAM right in the kisser!