LM Sense 09/11/2011 05:23 PM CDT

Ok so I am having some difficulty getting my last rep.

You have 1 rank in the Lock Mastery skill.
You need 63 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to pick some easy boxes under a variety of conditions.
You have 1 repetition remaining for this task.

Parchment Reads

Glancing at the scrap of parchment, you see that your current room assignment is to find a room with dark lighting and no fog.

I have tried everything that I can think of here is an example

Town Square, South Alley]
This narrow alleyway passes crookedly between the old wood and stone walls of the surrounding buildings, providing a shaded byway from the busy road to the south to a small park nestled in a grassy niche to the north. An occasional stray mutt sniffs around the foundations, searching for rats or morsels.
Obvious paths: north, south

With a seasoned eye, you begin to examine both yourself and the area in an attempt to ascertain the current conditions for lockpicking...

>
After a thorough examination, you determine that you are in excellent shape, physically. As far as you can tell, the area around you is rather dark.

>disarm chest
>
You carefully begin to examine an enruned silver chest for traps...

You discover no traps.
Roundtime: 19 sec.
>
>get lockpick
You remove a copper lockpick from in your locksmith's pouch.
>pick chest with copper lockpick
You settle into the difficult task of picking the lock.
You make a good attempt (d100=75).
You struggle with the chest. As you do, you get a sense that the chest has a rudimentary lock (-50 thief-lingo difficulty ranking). Then...CLICK! It opens!

What am I doing wrong? Does it take more then one attempt to get that last rep? I got the others on the first try?
Re: LM Sense 09/11/2011 06:00 PM CDT
As far as I can see, the only problem is that you're using a copper lockpick. You want to make sure you're using the minimum requirement pick for each of your reps. Use the following guide as you go through your ranks to make sure you're using the appropriate minimum. Swap to a gold lockpick and you should be good.

http://www.kyaloria.com/archives/tsoran/lm

I probably had this chart next to me all the way through LFM.

The L behind the Laphrael

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a shoe.

http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Laphrael
Re: LM Sense 09/12/2011 06:30 PM CDT

>read parch
Glancing at the scrap of parchment, you see that your current room assignment is to find a room with extremely bright lighting and no fog.

I swear I found an old thread somewhere that listed various room conditions around the landing. I've now lost the link and I have scoured over the landing for the last 20 minutes looking for an extremely bright room but keep finding only averages.

Any help would be appreciated
Re: LM Sense 09/12/2011 07:29 PM CDT
A cleric or empath can cast 205 (Light) for you. Or you can scrounge around the various pawnshops to try to find a scroll with 205 on it. If you make it to Icemule, the Voln Ice Garden was always brightly lit. While you're looking for those 205 scrolls, you probably want to stock up on 106 (Fog) and 206 (Darkness) as well; although finding dark areas is relatively easy.
Re: LM Sense 09/12/2011 08:27 PM CDT

Thanks, I will keep an eye out for those scrolls.

Town Square East actually had bright conditions, so I was able to nervously get that task taken care of.
Re: LM Sense 09/13/2011 04:51 PM CDT

In the landing the room one east of tsc has bright lighting and no fog
Audience Reps 09/14/2011 06:03 PM CDT
My latest task is this:
You have 1 rank in the Lock Mastery skill.
You need 52 training points to earn your next rank.
The Training Administrator told you to use some decently challenging boxes to practice your latest trick for an audience.
You have 5 repetitions remaining to complete this task.

How many people constitute an audience?
What places would you suggest and any tips. The last thing I want to do is make a big oops in a really large area and get a bad reputation.
I am currently residing in the Landing.

I am fully doubled trained in the requisite skills if that matters (at 17th)
Disarming Traps....................| 132 36
Picking Locks......................| 132 36
Perception.........................| 132 36

Thanks,
Re: Audience Reps 09/14/2011 06:42 PM CDT
You should be able to spot traps from critters your own age with those skills. If I recall, an audience could be 3 guild members or 5 non-guild members. You could try looking in the Rogue's guild to see if anyone is around for an audience, or else the small park. TSC is the likeliest place to find a lot of people, but blowing folks up there would be frowned upon.
Re: Audience Reps 09/14/2011 07:29 PM CDT
If I remember correctly, guild members count as 2 for audience purposes and guild masters count as 3.
Re: Audience Reps 09/14/2011 07:31 PM CDT
An audience consists of four "people" as of recent changes in the last year or so regarding required size for reps. Guild masters count as three "people," guild members count as two, and everyone else counts as one. Essentially, you only need two people aside from yourself to constitute an audience if at least one of them is a guild master, and at most four other people. GLD RANK ALL will be your friend to show you who is and isn't in the guild.

The L behind the Laphrael

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a shoe.

http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Laphrael