hunting suggestion? 04/11/2018 12:28 AM CDT
Greetings. I am recently come back to the lands after being gone about 15 years. I am a 33 year old Sorceress, and am looking for suggestions on where to hunt. I only use magic. I am a Voln member. I was enjoying hunting rotting corpses, but the roaters i the area are on my last nerve, and get me all the time. Either some suggestion on how to avoid them, or take care of them, or somewhere else where I could hunt please?
Thanks,
Liyte
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/11/2018 01:40 AM CDT
<Either some suggestion on how to avoid them, or take care of them,>

Maneuvers are the bane of a sorcerer's existence and roater's burrows are maneuver attacks. If you're going to be around them, I'd suggest stashing everything you don't need to have on you in your locker and keep your encumbrance as low as possible. If you're not already 1x in PF, getting that would help as well (the standard advice used to be stopping when your HPs maxed, with changes to maneuvers this is no longer the best advice).

<or somewhere else where I could hunt please>

Moor witches in River's Rest are easy fodder for sorcerers and you're the perfect level for them. One cast if 719 is usually all they need and a cast of 702 will take out the stubborn ones. Stick to the Smuggler's Lair and you won't have to worry about the eagles. The hounds can be a pain, but 706 or 708 can keep them off your back and they're good to cast 701 on when you see them just in case of an emergency. Just keep in mind you'll need 15 ranks in Climbing and Waterwalking (112) to get there.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/11/2018 05:12 AM CDT
In Icemule, skeletal ice trolls for favor (fire spirit) and the rolaren gate for hunting worked fine for me. Farmhands are also easy favor, but you need to keep dodging the trees unless you are rather quicker on the 703 draw than I am.
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/11/2018 09:18 PM CDT
Thanks so much for that advice, I will definitely keep it in mind, and look into hunting their.
Liyte
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/12/2018 08:47 AM CDT
Make sure you are casting 704 phase on yourself as that provides maneuver defense for sorcerers.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/12/2018 10:00 PM CDT
Thank you for letting me know about the phase spell, I had no idea.
Liyte
Re: hunting suggestion? 04/13/2018 12:20 AM CDT
Here are other factors to reduce roater fatalities/wounds.

https://gswiki.play.net/Standard_maneuver_roll