Tehir 04/19/2015 10:49 PM CDT

So.... I've recently decided to start up a character in Prime, and I've settled on an idea. Still bouncing between two caster classes, but I've read everything in the wiki and the main GS site about the Tehir, but I was looking for more information, as well as wondering how accesible Tehir garments are.

The "mother's mark" on the chin. Can anyone elaborate on this? I assume it's a tattoo of some sort, but does anyone know if it's animalistic? A sigil or rune, etc?

Also, it says that colors are important and symbolic, but doesn't go into much detail other than blue, red, and black (and a bit about white.) Does anyone have any other information about this? (even if it's player-made but widely accepted)

Thanks in advance.
Re: Tehir 04/19/2015 11:33 PM CDT
So.... I've recently decided to start up a character in Prime, and I've settled on an idea. Still bouncing between two caster classes, but I've read everything in the wiki and the main GS site about the Tehir, but I was looking for more information, as well as wondering how accesible Tehir garments are.
The "mother's mark" on the chin. Can anyone elaborate on this? I assume it's a tattoo of some sort, but does anyone know if it's animalistic? A sigil or rune, etc?
Also, it says that colors are important and symbolic, but doesn't go into much detail other than blue, red, and black (and a bit about white.) Does anyone have any other information about this? (even if it's player-made but widely accepted)
Thanks in advance.

Information on the Tehir is fairly well documented and I believe left deliberately generalized in order to let us as players develop our characters as we see fit. A good number of people have written a lot of stuff over the years about the Tehir, myself included, and I see more and more Tehir characters in-game.

Keep in mind that the Tehir are a clannish/tribal society and beliefs and practices within one particular group of Tehir may be unheard of within the ranks of another.

Play your Tehir as you see fit is the best advice I can give you. There's a fairly good number of us around now so find one and discuss things if you desire.

Tehir garments and materials are much more common now than they were a year or so ago. That in itself has shown me that there is indeed an increased interest in the Tehir as a possible option for play.

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Empires exist through conquest, they live on by exercising total control of the conquered.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Tehir 04/19/2015 11:38 PM CDT

Thanks. Are the Tehir garments available off the shelf by chance? Or is this something I'd have to try to buy off someone else?
Re: Tehir 04/19/2015 11:44 PM CDT
Most that I have seen have come from festivals and the like. Most of my stuff I had altered some years ago but it's an ongoing process for me. There were some items on the Spitfire in a shop called Sand in Your Hammock and The Workery had a burnoose pattern, and Ebon Gate had a few items as well if I remember correctly. While Tehir items aren't as common as running into the boutique for a pair of pants they are much more common than they used to be. Also, in Wehnimer's Landing there is a cart that has a few items on it that are Tehir themed; wands harness, prayer rug, meditation mat, a few other odds and ends, nice little "fill-ins".

General Radeek Andoran
Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Empires exist through conquest, they live on by exercising total control of the conquered.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Tehir 05/21/2015 06:55 PM CDT
>Thanks. Are the Tehir garments available off the shelf by chance? Or is this something I'd have to try to buy off someone else?

Did you check Ouslanders Garb in Solhaven?