Tehir Materials 07/14/2014 08:51 PM CDT
I was reading up on Tehir fauna tonight, as I was trying to put together a design. I went and looked at my cobbling supplies from Talador and wrote out a list of what all I had.. Morduska hide, selshis carapace plates, and ridgeweaver silk. I went to read on each of those creatures and stopped short at the selshis. My question is this: where do you get the carapace from?

To quote the document:

Selshis/Sand Slider

Another reptilian carnivore of the sand dunes is the sand slider, known as the selshis. The sand slider is a quite conventional serpent, its body emulating the side-winding action of some of its serpentine cousins but in a vertical orientation, hence its name. The other noteworthy aspect of the creature's chosen form of locomotion is that it appears able to reach surprising rates of speed due to the minimized amount of contact it makes with the surface it is traveling over. The combination of its coloring, which closely resembles that of the sand in which it lives, its deceptive speed, and powerful venom makes the selshis a serpent to be taken seriously by any who travel the dunes of the Sea of Fire. Moreover, those who have survived an encounter with this foe often point out that their own survival hinged upon their ability to spot the second and often third sliders. Those which were poised on other quarters when the first slider openly attacked, enabling the survivor to limit their wounds to a single dose of venom, rather than perishing to two or even three bites.

a carapace is "a bony or chitinous shield, test, or shell covering some or all of the dorsal part of an animal, as of a turtle."

It just doesn't sound, from the document, like it should have a carapace.. more like scales?

I am curious if they were instead actually supposed to be Qahzumar carapace? Those are arachnid-like, which would fit.

Should I be posting here or in the cobbling folder? I can cross-post there if anyone suggests it.

Also, do I still need to provide tehir creature bits in order to alter something into it? I'm assuming yes, which was why I was checking my supplies.
Re: Tehir Materials 07/15/2014 01:02 AM CDT

>>Also, do I still need to provide tehir creature bits in order to alter something into it? I'm assuming yes, which was why I was checking my supplies.<<

I recall that Tehir materials no longer need to be provided.

-E
Re: Tehir Materials 07/15/2014 05:18 AM CDT
>Morduska hide, selshis carapace plates, and ridgeweaver silk. I went to read on each of those creatures and stopped short at the selshis. My question is this: where do you get the carapace from?

That looks like a mistake. Selshis have skin; it's qahzumar that have carapaces. Where were the cobbling items available?

~Vanah
Re: Tehir Materials 07/15/2014 05:48 AM CDT
<<That looks like a mistake. Selshis have skin; it's qahzumar that have carapaces. Where were the cobbling items available?

<~Vanah

I have one of these as well: a polished selshis carapace comb

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq
Re: Tehir Materials 07/15/2014 07:19 PM CDT
Those items are for sure mistakes! If you have a selshis carapace, please ASSIST to have it changed to a selshis skin or a qahzumar carapace. Sorry!

~Vanah
Re: Tehir Materials 07/15/2014 08:01 PM CDT
The cobbling supplies mentioned above were released at the Talador Festival in February.