Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 04:08 AM CST
Hello All,
I'm looking for information on the Imperial Drakes. I've looked all over the play.net website and all over Krakii, but I didn't quite find what I was looking for. Is there any documentation on their colors and symbols? Such as coat of arms and the like? Or is it basically something I can just make up?

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 06:38 AM CST

Nothing has really been established as canon in-game. Some NPCs have been tied to the Hall of Mages, and while I would figure all Drakes are affiliated and trained by the Hall (if not full members), Hall members we've seen haven't also been Drakes. At least, I don't think they were. Vectrus was a mage knight for a different order, and I don't think he was also a Drake.

In short, no. Nothing established that I'm aware of, though that doesn't mean it isn't detailed in some internal GM-only document.

-A
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 07:06 AM CST
I was thinking as such. Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll just go with my own thing until something else is established and I am forced to change!

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 07:06 AM CST
Oh, you wouldn't happen to have the looks of the Hall of Mage NPCs would you?

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 08:11 AM CST

I'm sure I do, but they're at home. I'll make a note to dig through logs when I get home from work this evening.
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 08:15 AM CST
Appreciated!

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 09:11 AM CST
I'm not entirely sure if we've ever figured out the color/crests of the Imperial Drakes or not.

By decree, all magic users in the empire are supposed to be registered with the Hall of Mages, and theoretically, trained through it. Thus, a member of the Imperial Drakes should be a graduate of/member still of the Hall of Mages.

GM Scribes, former humans guru.
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 09:48 AM CST
Thanks for the response Scribes! I'm just going to imagine the coat-of-arms or insignia or whatever you wish to call it includes a stylized drake somewhere.

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 02:43 PM CST
Just remember, if you ever run into an NPC Imperial Drake, they may not take kindly to someone they view as possibly impersonating one of their order!

GM Scribes
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 03:29 PM CST
>By decree, all magic users in the empire are supposed to be registered with the Hall of Mages, and theoretically, trained through it. Thus, a member of the Imperial Drakes should be a graduate of/member still of the Hall of Mages.

Just to add on to this a little...

The Hall colors are blue and gold. The crest is uh... something with a scroll. I'd have to double check my ring, but I'm at work right now.

As GM Auchand explained it to me a bit, if I'm remembering it all correctly...

Obviously anybody casting magey magic needs to have SOME schooling with the Hall, else they're looking at jail time. For most, that's sort of the equivalent of a magicky high school diploma or bachelor's, if we're going to equate it to modern terms. That represents the majority of mages in the Empire, and I'm assuming a good lot of the Drakes. The next step up is the Magisters. They're sort of the lifers - the magical academics. A Magister is basically holding a PhD in wizardry... and they still largely work for the Hall. In-game, it's treated with the same "officialness" as Knighting.

If I were to guess (and this is me extrapolating and not based on what Auchand told me)... I wouldn't be surprised if there was some crossover in the higher ranks of the Drakes with the Magisters. (Or... whatever is above Magister in the Hall Hierarchy. Super Magister? Mega Magister? I don't know what Sir Vectrus was, exactly, only that he was basically a step up from a normal Magister, but not much higher than that.) But, I would assume that the majority of the drakes (elite wizard soldiers, if you will) don't need to have written a dissertation on the inner workings of earth elementals.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/22/2012 06:35 PM CST
Why not make up your image and crests and then post them? Then when a GM can maybe use your design for the future.
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/23/2012 11:22 AM CST
Just remember, if you ever run into an NPC Imperial Drake, they may not take kindly to someone they view as possibly impersonating one of their order!

GM Scribes

Hah, it is for my wizard over in Plat! I'm not skured!

~James
Player of Septimius
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/23/2012 02:35 PM CST
Got it. Thank goodness for smart phones, huh?

"One of the ring's sides features a kestrel's head in deep relief, while the other boasts a stylized scroll and flame."

That's a line from the description of my ring. The Kestrel's head is obviously a symbol of House Kestrel... the "stylized scroll and flame" is the symbol of the Hall itself.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/23/2012 03:41 PM CST

Were it me, I would say it'd probably have a drake, or at least something that could imply something drake-like (for lack of a better description) such as flames or fire. It'd probably have a nod toward the Imperial colors too, so you could likely expect gold on red to show up somewhere, if not a golden sunburst.

Possibly something Kestrel-related too, though I would lean more toward a nod toward the Empire itself rather than just House Kestrel. The Hall could get away with that, while a specialized Imperial military group would probably answer more to the Emperor (In theory at least. Kestrel probably has a significant amount of pull even toward the aspects of the Imperial armies that don't answer to a particular Baron.)

Just some of my thoughts on the matter, at any rate. It might even be the case that an insignia wasn't even considered until a while after their creation, and it might bear some charges or nods toward a few of the successful campaigns they've waged. There's a good amount of wiggle room.

-A
Re: Imperial Drakes 02/23/2012 04:26 PM CST
Thank you both for your input. Now to figure out some alters!

~James
Player of Septimius