HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 06:16 PM CDT
Hey everyone, I'm sorry for the delay on your reward. We should be getting to this very soon!

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/HSN_RPA_Contest

Just a reminder, EVERYONE on the list won GALD. The top 10 won one of the offerings from SEF. And first place received a $20 Box Office credit (those were applied in August, and all taken care of). Someone will track you down in game to talk with you about your prize. If for some reason we can't get in touch with you, I'll send out an email to your play.net address (or you can preemptively do that to mine) and we can schedule something.

See you soon!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 06:57 PM CDT
Just a reminder, EVERYONE on the list won GALD.

Everyone, as in, all 187 people? If so, wow!
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 07:29 PM CDT
<<Everyone, as in, all 187 people? If so, wow!

And yet just 187 is but a small fraction of the amount of services that are done at EG every year. Goooo EG!

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 07:51 PM CDT
<<Everyone, as in, all 187 people? If so, wow!

>>And yet just 187 is but a small fraction of the amount of services that are done at EG every year. Goooo EG!

Double-wow! This is cool, thank you!

/seo, wheels and skulls department/
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 07:53 PM CDT
Yeah, hadn't expected that! Thanks very much!

Chad, player of a few
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/08/2015 10:05 PM CDT
Yep. Like I said, I'll track people down, some other GMs may help me. Once I feel like I've exhausted my attempts to reach out to everyone, we'll have to put a deadline on it.

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/09/2015 12:02 AM CDT
Hi guys! I'm going to bring Kyrdra down a few nights at around 10pm eastern to redeem wins for this. I'll be in Landing on Friday, Ta'Illistim on Saturday and Mist Harbor on Sunday (I'll send out a crier when I've set up). If you're on Teras, reply here with your character name and I'll try to grab you on one of those nights about that time. Kyrdra will ONLY be redeeming GALD wins from this list, and not spinning for extra, sorry!

--Zythica
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/09/2015 10:17 AM CDT
>> Just a reminder, EVERYONE on the list won GALD.

You folks are all crazy. But in a good way!

-- Robert

Fluke in the programming, or just your average everyday Konacode? ~ Konacon
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/09/2015 09:38 PM CDT
Wow! Nice job.

Any chance there's a breakdown for the RPAs as a function of town they were awarded? It looks fairly Landing-heavy.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 02:17 PM CDT
People have brought it up a few times with flat modifiers and different RPA versions. I added a few more messages to the Wiki around this, but I've never been able to identify the differences explicitly.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/RPA
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 06:05 PM CDT
Contrary to the wiki, I thought they ran a fixed number of pulses, and consequently it was possible to waste them. Its been a long running complaint that RPAs promote power hunting as a result.
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 06:14 PM CDT
>> Contrary to the wiki, I thought they ran a fixed number of pulses...

As long as your head is completely empty, your gift will not advance. If you have at least 1 un-absorbed exp point in your head then your gift will advance.

-- Robert

Fluke in the programming, or just your average everyday Konacode? ~ Konacon
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 08:46 PM CDT
Hey all,

Kyrdra was scheduled to swing by Mist Harbor tonight at 10pm eastern to redeem GALD services for winners, but I find myself far too ill right now to make a good show of it. I'll certainly pop by MH later this week, and I'll announce before I do so. If I've missed you so far this weekend, I'll also try to track down winners individually as well when I am able.

--Zythica
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 11:04 PM CDT
Based on the connection problems people were having earlier, it seems the game was feeling sympathy pains.

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, and I hope you feel better soon!
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/11/2015 11:15 PM CDT
The timer is outrageously long on RPAs. It's not worth micromanaging a few extra hundred XP when it's weeks and weeks of absorption for most players.
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/12/2015 01:52 AM CDT
>The timer is outrageously long on RPAs. It's not worth micromanaging a few extra hundred XP when it's weeks and weeks of absorption for most players.

I've found this to be true as well.

Then again, I'm presently keeping data and testing the theory of doing as many bounties as possible on Gift vs. sitting on a supernode saturated as often as possible on Gift to see the experience difference, since I have heard (but not really believed) that maximizing bounties was the best way to maximize experience. So far the difference I've observed is less than 2%, which is likely indistinguishable with the present data and the statistical error.

All that to say is, some people enjoy micromanaging and squeezing every last 100 experience out, but most of us can safely ignore it.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/12/2015 07:02 AM CDT
>The timer is outrageously long on RPAs. It's not worth micromanaging a few extra hundred XP when it's weeks and weeks of absorption for most players.

Last one I got was gone within 5 hours and it would have been gone within an hour of normal play if RPAs worked like the wiki claims rather than like Lumnis does. Activities that result in lots of dribbling exp at one per pulse, like partnering for guild reps, slaughter Lumnis, and I believe they slaughter RPAs too, though the wiki claims otherwise.
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 10/12/2015 10:07 AM CDT
Experience multipliers (like from an RPA) and the Gift of Lumnis work exactly the same way. GoL is a 3x RPA with a duration of 6 hours, except that it skips the "1.5x" step that a normal RPA would provide.

Normal RPAs step down from 4x to 3x to 2x to 1.5x; if you only get awarded a 3x (your RP was good, but not THAT good) then you start from 3x down to 2x down to 1.5x.

Gift of Lumnis doesn't give the 1.5x, but other than that, it's exactly the same.
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 11/02/2015 02:14 PM CST
Now that EG is over(I bet you hear that intro a lot), I thought I'd ask about those of us yet to redeem our contest prizes. Should we assist, email, be on the look out? Is it still Wyrom redeeming for the top ten, and Zythica for everyone else? Thanks!
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 11/03/2015 12:37 PM CST
Yep, you can ASSIST or shoot me an e-mail, whatever works! I'm still looking to work for the following...

Adelinde
Aeolis
Altheorn
Anru
Bbee
Bhuryn
Bjornsong
Bremerial
Bristenn
Caddeus
Cadie
Calena
Cigger
Colvern
Dinklz
Draefen
Dragonis
Dremerie
Dundorien
Ellustriel
Elusyanne
Emmerson
Ezerain
Fernshade
Figuero
Fujihiro
Helman
Holoni
Hypolita
Ibar
Ikazutchi
Ilnock
Imanya
Iseni
Istvana
Javell
Jeneuer
Jeril
Karluth
Kembal
Kessut
Khenan
Khortaal
Kippe
Kuthar
Kylinarr
Kythaela
Legaci
Melkhiah
Melorra
Meril
Nairdin
Narados
Nubbins
Ponbiki
Pookington
Quinnrae
Reibun
Rekarth
Rendena
Rhagni
Rudyfred
Shartoose
Shendai
Sirona
Skedunkel
Songar
Stavio
Sultredawn
Tatenai
Tegaius
Thaydon
Tiratori
Torbot
Traiva
Trissah
Varucca
Viette
Xanith
Xorus
Xulfer
Yangh
Yenfer
Yviara
Zohi

--Zythica
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 11/03/2015 01:20 PM CST
How about those of us over in Plat? :)

~Issalya

Rikelle looks deep into your eyes. With a slight twinkle, Rikelle flirtatiously says, "Good evening. How did such a lovely star such as yourself fall from the heavens and remain here unblemished?"

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Issalya
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 11/03/2015 01:28 PM CST
Wyrom is also supposed to take care of you! :P

--Zythica
Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 11/09/2015 02:17 PM CST
Yeah, the biggest issue I'm running into in Platinum is no one is ever around when I am in. I'm likely going to send all (Prime and Platinum) of you 1st/2nd place winners an email to your play.net address to start scheduling these. My schedule seems to suck, haha.

~Wyrom, APM

Re: HSN: RPA Contest Winners 02/03/2016 12:27 AM CST
Hey guys, I'm still looking for the following to get their GALDs from this contest. As before, if you've won, you can ASSIST or shoot me an e-mail to redeem your prize.

Adelinde
Altheorn
Bhuryn
Colvern
Dragonis
Dremerie
Ellustriel
Ezerain
Fernshade
Figuero
Fujihiro
Ikazutchi
Ilnock
Istvana
Kembal
Khenan
Kythaela
Melkhiah
Melorra
Meril
Narados
Nubbins
Ponbiki
Pookington
Reibun
Rekarth
Rendena
Shendai
Songar
Stavio
Sultredawn
Tegaius
Thaydon
Tiratori
Yangh
Yviara
Zohi

You have until the end of February to redeem these!

--Zythica