HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/13/2015 11:07 PM CDT
We are now at the end of our 12th week of the Hot Summer Nights release schedule. We had some ups and downs, we learned a lot on the timing of releases along the way. We still have some updates that didn't make it into the HSN time frame due to some longer QC times than we expected. We still have our Login Rewards, the Sanctum of Scales hunting ground, and updates to our RPA system still to release, as well as finishing off the Elemental Lore Review.

I'd like to take a moment to thank all of the staff that works very hard at continually updating GemStone IV. I'd also like to thank our players, without you, we'd not have a game to update. I hope we kept your summer fun in Elanthia, and we'll still work on the rest of the pending updates for September.

I will also have the recaps for weeks 11 and 12 soon!

~Wyrom, APM

>>They call him Wyrom, not afraid to get dirty; work all day, in game by 5:30; loresongs eloquent, item embellishment, double speed development... ~Silvean
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/13/2015 11:14 PM CDT
Hot summer nights was great. I enjoyed watching the home screen for updates. Thanks for all of the excitement!
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/13/2015 11:26 PM CDT
I think it's not overstating things to say that Hot Summer Nights 2015 was nothing short of amazing in terms of what it brought to the game in such a short time. Every GM involved in bringing this event forward is worthy of all the praise the playerbase can muster. Regardless of the ELR and the upcoming changes to wizards, the overall direction of development, both in DEV and non-DEV related areas has never been more encouraging.

Well done, and thank you.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/13/2015 11:48 PM CDT
I loved it!

I hope you continue putting in as much dev as you have been doing.

However as a sorcerer Im a bit at a lose. I dont really have anything to complain about anymore. Please be more considerate and leave me things to whine about (but seriously, it was great)!

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 12:21 AM CDT
I'm absolutely glad that development still occurs. It's a testimony to the longevity of GS/Simu as a whole. It's a MUD that doesn't go away.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 12:54 AM CDT
Fantastic work by everyone. Elanthia is more interesting and exciting than it has been in a very long time. Thanks.

Vhorg Emberskald
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 03:25 AM CDT
HSN was pretty darn good. Everyone did a great job. I'm still super excited to see the last handful of releases. I think that is the first time I've seen the name of the hunting grounds and it greatly encourages me. In all the other releases I had forgotten that login rewards were also being worked on.

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 04:50 AM CDT
Wow! HSN was incredible! Thanks for all the hard work! I wasn't expecting that Air Lore would get much love in the ELR as it was in a good spot, but I was wrong, it got a lot of niftiness too. I like the direction things are going towards procs. The artwork and written articles, the new verb improvements, the little quality of life changes.

Thanks!

Just an elf about town...
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 06:15 AM CDT
In the back of my mind there was something about a blood magic document.

Is that in the pipeline or is my memory playing tricks on me?

- Xorus' player
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 10:18 AM CDT
What an amazing amount of work done over the summer. Thank you very much! Sorted view is one of my favorite changes. The Arkati Origin stories were very entertaining and thought provoking. The ELR and other lore and spell changes has me looking forward to new training goals and abilities. The fact that it was a Lore review is great also in that it added more to many other classes. Duskruin was great, again, and I picked up some great new gear. The Summer Festival on Mist Harbor, Frontier Days, and all the merchant work.

Thanks for a fun summer!

Chad, player of a few
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 10:33 AM CDT
I'm really glad this (HSN2015) happened. I think this HSN had a positive influence on the game as a whole, and I look forward to HSN 2016! =S

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 10:40 AM CDT
Thanks for all the releases, Wyrom et. al.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 11:39 AM CDT
Like the changes or not, that was a lot of work to do and I am very appreciative of the effort that went into. The crew definitely put some new life into the game. I'm sure it'll be awhile until the dust clears on everything, but I just wanted to acknowledge the effort.

Thanks all!
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 12:06 PM CDT
<<In the back of my mind there was something about a blood magic document.

There is a blood magic document in the works (along with a very patient author), but I don't think it was ever slated for HSN.

GM Scribes, CLERK OF CLERKS.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 12:08 PM CDT
<< I'm really glad this (HSN2015) happened. I think this HSN had a positive influence on the game as a whole, and I look forward to HSN 2016! =S >>

There's no need to wait until next summer. Hot Winter Nights!
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 01:51 PM CDT
Naysayers will naysay.

You all released a lot of amazing stuff.

I was impressed and am pleased (even if I lost Quake).

I don't think this is anything at all like previous HSN by any stretch of the imagination.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 02:22 PM CDT
The verbs alone were silly awesome then everything else was amazing on top of that. Lots of standard of life changes that were real nice. I find myself using Stamina burst too.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 03:43 PM CDT

HSN overall was pretty darn amazing. It's what got me back in the game.

I do feel wizards kinda got a switcheroo pulled on 'em, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how that all shakes out in the end.

I especially liked the verb additions as those are great for everyone.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 05:03 PM CDT
Two tiny, but magnificent, thumbs up! Huzzah! :)

~ GtG
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 05:35 PM CDT

We survived! Sort of.

Thank you to all the GMs for your efforts and especially Estild for being so patient with me.

Please don't ever do this again.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 06:46 PM CDT
>>There's no need to wait until next summer. Hot Winter Nights!

Winter is coming?
Ice, Ice, Baby?

~GM Liia
SGM, Events & Festivals

Elanthia's derpiest rolton bleats anxiously!
Speaking to Elanthia's derpiest rolton, you say, "Oh, shut it."
(no subject) 09/13/2015 11:31 PM CDT
Great job to everyone involved.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 11:18 PM CDT
<<There is a blood magic document in the works (along with a very patient author), but I don't think it was ever slated for HSN. >> SCRIBES, CLERK OF CLERKS

It must have been mentioned in a post alongside other documents that did release for HSN, making my brain do the unreliable brain thing that brains do. I have a couple of IC essays on theory-of-magic on my bucket list, which will have a very strong "dark arts" bias that could easily collide with newly written blood magic lore.

I'm willing to let Xorus be wrong about things, but I try to only do it intentionally. ;)

- Xorus' player

(P.S. HSN 2015 was pretty sweet.)
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 11:36 PM CDT
>Please don't ever do this again.

Because all the wiki edits needed?

There should be a post-HSN contest like "fix all the HSN tags". LOL.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/14/2015 11:40 PM CDT
Agreed. They did one before, but they should run another Wiki editing contest. It is likely the same people would win again, but it would ensure that they are given some sort of IG prize to reward them for their hard work. That, and it would encourage players to finish updating all the HSN updates.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/15/2015 12:18 AM CDT

>Because all the wiki edits needed?

it's not just that, but it's part of it along with something that was said that didn't happen that I don't care to get into because dwelling on it is unproductive. There was also the overwhelming negativity from non-sorcerer players and the inability to test and explore/appreciate/troubleshoot a release before another one came the next day (spell, area, or otherwise). It was overload and would have been much more enjoyable over the course of the full year.
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/15/2015 12:58 AM CDT
End-game hunting area is coming. +100
Re: HSN: That's a Wrap! 09/15/2015 07:51 AM CDT
I makes me happy to see all of the positive comments in this thread. While at times we (players and GM's) may not see eye to eye on certain changes or updates, rest assured that our passion and commitment to making GS4 the best that it can be has never been stronger. At the end of the day, this is really what we all want right? I hope in the future that GMs and players can continue to communicate with a positive attitude and in constructive manner in order to meet the needs of our great community. Cheers to the players! Without you, I wouldn't have this great world to be developing, and I'm thankful for that opportunity.

Looking Forward to the Next Challenge,

GameMaster Cyraex