Home problem 10/08/2010 07:55 AM CDT
Recently a friend of mine gave his home to me. I was holding the deed and was unable to claim it last night, but when I was finally able to claim it, turns out all the specialty items in the house were stripped- in fact the facade and the inside were stripped bare. What's the story with this? There were krodera walls, coraesine windows, a beautiful tapestry... now, nothing. Why did this happen? Is there any way to undo it?
Re: Home problem 10/08/2010 08:27 AM CDT
<<Recently a friend of mine gave his home to me. I was holding the deed and was unable to claim it last night, but when I was finally able to claim it, turns out all the specialty items in the house were stripped- in fact the facade and the inside were stripped bare. What's the story with this? There were krodera walls, coraesine windows, a beautiful tapestry... now, nothing. Why did this happen? Is there any way to undo it?>>

When you deed a home with the intention of claiming it, you need to arrange to have your furnishings shipped, even if you don't change the town or even location of the home.

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Home problem 10/08/2010 04:43 PM CDT
The deeding was done... it still did not work though.

~O~
Re: Home problem 10/08/2010 09:28 PM CDT
Could a GM weigh in here? The house had some very rare items/architectural elements that would be a real shame if lost...
Re: Home problem 10/09/2010 05:24 AM CDT
When you use HOME DEED to create a deed for the property, you need to then take the deed to the furniture movers to have that shipped.

I would suggest assisting in game and asking to be referred to speak to a GameMaster so someone can take a better look, if you haven't already.

____
~Wyrom
Host Team
Training Team
Platinum Team

>The hobgoblin suddenly wakes from his slumber and slams the club into his own skull, killing himself.
>Sjira exclaims, "Hobiside!"
Re: Home problem 10/09/2010 02:22 PM CDT
same process for shops?

say i have a shop that has an altered facade, altered shop name, altered tables, etc, would i:
get a deed
go to movers
ship stuff
hand over deed
n
ew person keeps all the sweet sweet uniqueness of the shop before it transferred hands?
Re: Home problem 10/09/2010 04:20 PM CDT
A game host told me that shop names are linked to the owner of the shop and any altered names would disappear should the shop be transferred to another character.
Re: Home problem 10/10/2010 08:28 AM CDT
What Lady Fleur has said is true, however, shops are a bit different than homes. When you get a deed for a shop, the shop never moves and must always stay in its current location. All items within the shop stay where they are, but if the owner has any items for sale then you are going to want to make sure that you have the owner collect them or you won't be able to remove them.

~*~ Thandiwe ~*~
(At this point, I tried to summon the crows, by doing a tribal dance in the barrows and singing "Heerre crowie crowie crowie. Oosh oosh." That didn't work.) -- Coyoterre