Bugged Home Availability? 09/27/2015 08:02 PM CDT
I found a home I'd like to claim now that I am eligible. Looking at the homes in the room, I see one that when you look at it shows as "You see nothing unusual." instead of the normal "This villa belongs to NAMEHERE." message. When I go to HOME CLAIM in the room it states there doesn't seem to be any available homes here. I was wondering what the best way is to have the house checked to see if it's bugged out or if it truely is claimed by someone. It's been this way for at least 3 months when I originally decided to premium. Thanks.
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 09/29/2015 06:41 PM CDT
I think the way homes work is that the only way you can claim a home in a room is if there is a slot open. Abandoned homes don't count as an open slot. This is only if I remember correctly!

~Just Jainna
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 09/30/2015 08:15 PM CDT
I take it, an abandoned home is one that was claimed by someone and they have since de-activated their account? So the building is still there, just no longer show's the owner's name when looked at?
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 09/30/2015 08:15 PM CDT
How long until an abandoned home is put back into the system to be claimed again? Or does it never go back until the home is forfeit by the original owner?
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 09/30/2015 08:19 PM CDT
>I take it, an abandoned home is one that was claimed by someone and they have since de-activated their account? So the building is still there, just no longer show's the owner's name when looked at?

No. An abandoned home will actually say "abandoned".

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 10/04/2015 09:50 PM CDT
So if the house isn't abandoned, and when you look at the house it shows "You see nothing unusual." then what is the process to fix the house so that it shows who owns it or get it put back into the pool to be claimed again? From what I can tell, there is no way to hide your name from showing when someone looks at the house. Thanks.
Re: Bugged Home Availability? 10/07/2015 08:32 AM CDT
When someone ceases to be premium their house isn't taken immediately, they just lose access and can regain it if they resubscribe quickly enough. I think its a minimum of three months before its lost and the slot can be reopened. However, I don't think they actually get cleaned away until whoever the GM is with responsibility for houses decides theres enough waiting to be cleared to make the job worth doing so it might end up being a lot longer than three months.

Whether the slot you want is at some stage in this process, or whether there's something else going on, I don't know, but unless you aren't in a hurry and this is the only slot you want a house in, I'd keep looking for a currently empty slot and claim that, and just check back on this one every few months to see if there's a place open to move into.