Furniture / house features in storage? 03/11/2013 09:31 PM CDT
At Ebon Gate I purchased a gravestone as a wall adornment for my home. (Morbid but fun and kinda unique) I don't want to lose this or have to wait til next EG to repurchase... Assuming the shop makes a reappearance of course.

Is it possible to retain all furniture i purchase rather than trading it in. I,d love to be able to access wall hangings, rugs, chairs etc and change the look of my home from time to time without having to repurchase items previously purchased. I'd be happy to forgo the benefits of the trade in price of new items.

You could build in a notional storage system for items not in use, so they can be accessed at a later date.

HOME INVENTORY

You have the following items in storage:
- A Kenstrom torture chair
- A baby-soft Jainna Rug
- A Wyrom wall hanging
- A Izzea framed bed

Select item

You have chosen to replace your Auchand-accented picture frame with your Wyrom wall hanging. Select again to confirm.

Your Auchand-accented picture frame will be replaced with your Wyrom wall hanging. You must leave the home for delivery to take place.

-
Bremerial - Chair of the 'Bring the Highman Games to Kharam-Dzu' Committee

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/16/2013 10:37 AM CDT
+1 vote to this: Bremerial, you're a genius! :)

~Niadja
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/18/2013 12:45 PM CDT
Haha - can I have that as an official Bremerial title please!

On a side note, I wandered into the Simutronics forum in a moment of boredom. First time ever btw, in over 1 1/2 decades. I read something about Simucoins? That seems to tie up with all the former discussions about containers etc in homes. Looks like Dragonrealms has it and Gemstone may be getting it? If I understand this correctly, it's a way of purchasing items for your home, similar to what we've been asking for?

Anyway this was the info. You may want to go to the link to get a better understanding.

<<The SimuCoins Store is open on a Premium/Platinum Preview, so all you Premium subscribers can grab a deal first (and some bonus SimuCoins, too)!

<<If you're not Premium, this would be a great time to sign up! ;)

<<http://store.play.net

<<Once you purchase your SimuCoins and buy an item, just use the SIMUCOIN command in-game for information on how to take delivery of your loot. You may currently only purchase items on the website (in-game purchases are not available at this time), but can redeem website-purchased items on any character on your account in DragonRealms Prime or Platinum (Fallen coming soon).

-

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/18/2013 02:21 PM CDT
Simucoins are indeed coming to GS. Premium home storage isn't coming anytime soon.

SGM Sleken
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/18/2013 02:44 PM CDT
<<Simucoins are indeed coming to GS. Premium home storage isn't coming anytime soon.

<<SGM Sleken

Oh. For a moment there I thought I'd discovered a way of getting storage furniture we'd been talking about...albeit for an additional payment. Shame. The DR advertising excited me for a moment.

-

Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/18/2013 03:12 PM CDT
<<<Simucoins are indeed coming to GS.>>>

I'm not sure whether to feel excited or terrified.

~ Heathyr
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/19/2013 05:17 PM CDT

The bank on Teras has a new room with an assistant who can be asked but one question. It would seem he can refill your portfolio for 50k, however not having a portfolio means no transaction takes place at this time.
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/19/2013 05:31 PM CDT
Yep, those refills are for premium "checkbooks".

SGM Sleken
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/20/2013 05:14 AM CDT
Checkbooks going standard?
Re: Furniture / house features in storage? 03/20/2013 07:43 AM CDT
Get your simucoins ready maybe?

-- Robert
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 04:52 AM CDT

Hi. Is it possible to get an official response to the idea broached a while back about retaining our inventory of furniture purchased, rather than having newly purchased items replace old. If this viable (coding wise) in the medium term?

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Four%20Winds%20Hall%60Premium/Homes/view/170

I would like to keep alive the idea of home enhancements. Nothing I do to my armor and weaponry is going to make me a better hunter. I have all the beautified items I could ever want - upcoming events mania withstanding. But property development.. over years and decades. Now that is something to look forward to. Furniture inside, more rooms, floors, extensions, gardens - with limitations subject to district and initial property type.

The link below is just a reminder of previous discussions commencing here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Four%20Winds%20Hall%60Premium/Homes/view/149

-
Bremerial - Proud Citizen of Kharam-Dzu

Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 05:50 AM CDT
>Hi. Is it possible to get an official response to the idea broached a while back about retaining our inventory of furniture purchased, rather than having newly purchased items replace old. If this viable (coding wise) in the medium term?

Nobody (GM wise) is working on homes (nor in my personal opinion is it worth devoting limited coding time to). It's been pretty much this way for years.

>I would like to keep alive the idea of home enhancements.

... don't get your hopes up. This whole folder should be some indication.

-farmer
>"Mine lights my character on fire and makes her all glowy." -Raelee
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 08:21 AM CDT
Would you mind posting a list of what each GM is presently working on farmer?

-- Robert
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 08:26 AM CDT
lol.
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 09:26 AM CDT
The home code is about as scary as lockers. I know it's way about my coding abilities! Home changes are not coming any time soon. That's not to say they could never come, as I would love to have some of the things you and others have mentioned come to be. I just wouldn't get your hopes up for the foreseeable future.

~Just Jainna
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 10:57 AM CDT
How about home alterations? I vaguely recall hearing those are possible. I believe you about homes being scary though. Watched a GM get a wall stuck to them trying to fix a home, once.
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 11:01 AM CDT
I know a few dart boards were added to homes a couple years back. So maybe some additional alterations along those lines would be available in the near future.

-- Robert
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 11:25 AM CDT
Possible, but I've always had a low turnout any time I offered the service.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 11:50 AM CDT
Low turnout? You know how much time I put into trying to get a dartboard? It was my top goal for EG'11.
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/12/2013 11:59 AM CDT
>Would you mind posting a list of what each GM is presently working on farmer?
-- Robert

Sure.

It'll take a minute though. I have the GM task list I made up buried under all the home improvement announcements on my desk. Or it might be under the 2013 goals sheet I had written up.

Oh, wait...

-farmer
>"Mine lights my character on fire and makes her all glowy." -Raelee
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/13/2013 10:39 AM CDT
>>Low turnout? You know how much time I put into trying to get a dartboard? It was my top goal for EG'11.

Dartboards aren't home alterations, unfortunately. That's a special item that GM Varulv offers.

~Wyrom, SGM
Quests
Platinum
Promotions
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/13/2013 12:16 PM CDT
We could make more special items? Anyone have ideas they want to suggest? I am sure it's not high on the list of things GMs will focus on, but hey, maybe one will say "damn, thats a neat idea" and make it?
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/15/2013 06:02 PM CDT
Premium Homes are the black hole in simu space. Nothing escapes once comitted. I lost track on how many gms, etc quit once they got assigned/involved with it. I'm sure it was unrelated circumstances, but still...

I always thought this was one thing simu really missed the boat on, the ability to customize your own house,storage, multiple rooms / floors, whatever, etc etc The ideas and expectations when launched were so high. Unfortunately they just never materialized. Unrealistic and overpromised given the complexity of the code and the lack of resources.

The funny thing is that it still keeps coming up in threads similiar to this every -12 months. Proof I guess that it was and still is a missed opportunity by simu. Just dont anyone undertake it please unless you're looking to leave gemstone....

Shop my shops:
Corlith in the landing:
http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/6047
Arcania's Arms in Vaalor: http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/4115
Re: The evolution of premium homes 05/17/2013 03:31 PM CDT

>We could make more special items?

I'd like a cat tree...

- Odysia
Re: The evolution of premium homes 06/10/2013 04:24 PM CDT

my pet bulldog wants a pet kobold pup, he gets bored.
Re: The evolution of premium homes 09/05/2013 10:41 PM CDT

Something occurred to me just now and I'm going to mention it before like so many of my ideas it gets lost. We have been told that one of the reasons HOME updates have not been done is that the code is so ugly. Would it be easier to just write new code and then migrate homes a few at time over to the new home system. So for example a home that has been converted would use a MYHOME command. Once all homes were converted to the new system we could convert the usage verbs back to just HOME. I realize this sounds complicated, but it would be much easier than trying to change the code from what I've heard.

Or you know, we can all have a good laugh about how absurd an idea this is and carry on as usual.
Re: The evolution of premium homes 09/06/2013 07:53 AM CDT
Thats the thing. Fixing the old code is a real pain. Writing new is less of a pain, but still a major project. We've got a few things to take care of before we start on that.

SGM Sleken