Moving a Home possible? 06/20/2011 05:55 PM CDT
Hello,

I bought a house when they first came about but, for the life of me, I could not get one in the Landing. Mine currently sits in Icemule Trace where it hasn't been touched in years. To be honest, I haven't a clue were the key might be.
Most of this is because I haven't been in the realms much over the years. (Logged in one every couple of months to look around and keep account "active")
BUT, I'm currently back under Gemstone's mystic grasps and playing regularly again.

Is there a way to move my house to the Landing since I'm really never in Icemule?
and
Do I need a key or is it a smart house and knows me. I have a vague recollection that only the 2nd person allowed to use the house needed a key but again, it's been a long time.

Thanks for the help.

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/20/2011 06:05 PM CDT
Well, I can say you don't need a key. Anyone on the account with the home can use it. You can give one person a guest key, also.. it's not a physical(textual) item, it's merely access. You can turn your home into a deed and sell it, then buy a new one. But actually transferring it, I am not sure.
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/20/2011 06:17 PM CDT
Type HOME HELP it is a really good help document and covers moving your home. If you need more help, ask back here and we will try to help.

S/s
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/20/2011 08:22 PM CDT
Side note, does anyone know of any available property around The Landing? I am having no luck finding one.

If you wish to dismiss this murder charge, use ACCUSE DISMISS Drangell.
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/21/2011 01:36 PM CDT
Thank you both.

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/23/2011 01:59 AM CDT
OK, sorry, I'm still lost.

Homes Help doesn't mention anything about moving a home, just transferring from one character to another.
I spoke to the realtor and all he will tell me is where it is. "Your home is in Dabbings Mews, Monument Turn,"

There is Ceraleth, that will ship my furnishings but I'm assuming that is what I bought to go IN the home.

Can someone please help?

Thank you

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/23/2011 02:11 AM CDT
HOME DEED

Use HOME DEED to sell your home or to claim another home. You have three options for selling your home.

Do not ship your furnishings if you want to:
1) Sell your home to the clerk in town. He will pay you a fair price for it and its furnishings.
2) Sell or give it to another player for what you can get them to pay for it. If you do this, the other player must claim your home with your deed before 96 hours have elapsed from the time you got your deed.

You must ship your furnishings if you want to:
1) Use your deed to claim a home in a new neighborhood. This will preserve all the furnishings you have collected over time and install them in your new home.

Your furnishings always go with your deed.

Here's the process:

Step 1 - Getting the deed to your home

Type HOME DEED CONFIRM to get the deed to your home. Your home will become deserted. For a period of 96 hours, only someone with that exact deed will be able to claim that particular home. So, if you have plans to give it to a loved one or sell it to someone, you must accomplish this within 96 hours.

Step 2 - Selling/Giving your home to the town merchant or to someone else

If you wish to sell your deed, go to the Contracts merchant in your town and sell it. That's it. You're done.

If you wish to sell or give your deed to another person, sell it or give it to them now. Now it's up to that person to do Step 3.

If, rather than sell or give away your deed, you wish to claim another home, go to step 3.

Step 3 - Claiming a new home with your deed

Whether you stay in the same neighborhood or move half-way across Elanith, you must ship your furnishings. Go to the local Cartage Merchant and the merchant will tell you how much it will cost and how long it will take. Following the directions on the sign, order shipment of your furnishings.

The next important step is to WAIT. Wait until your furnishings arrive at the new destination. Then you may go to your new home and, with deed in your right hand, type HOME CLAIM. When your home is successfully claimed, your furnishings will be inside.

Note: Be sure to thoroughly research your new neighborhood before you decide to move there. Some neighborhoods have race and profession restrictions that may prevent you from claiming a home there.
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/23/2011 04:19 PM CDT
Great, thank you for your help!

A few of followup questions since I'm currently at work and cannot check in-game info.

1. Do I have to be IN the home to get the deed. I might remember better where it's at if I trek all the way over there but it has been a good many years.

2. I've never bought anything for it so if there is anything in the home it came with it. Do I still have to have furnishings moved?

3. Once I get the deed and decide whether I want to live in the Landing or Frost Acres, how can I tell if there is an empty lot to claim?

4. When you say research for restrictions, research where?

Thank you again, sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

I didn't think it would be so hard to re-orientate myself with Gemstone after playing it for as long as I have.

I still have three guilds to try and get back into. :(

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/23/2011 06:11 PM CDT
Pretty sure you need to be standing in the room that the home is in when you do the HOME DEED.

I don't know. You may end up with a totally empty home, or with the default furnishings if you don't move them. Or it just flat out won't let you claim one until moving.

You find a room you would want the home in, and HOME CLAIM. Not sure there's another way to check. There's probably a confirmation.

Not sure on this one either. If there are any restrictions, they're probably in the Nations somewhere.
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/23/2011 10:18 PM CDT
Also.. if you just got back to premie and had a house from before that is, for some reason, still there.. but haven't been premie long enough to claim a home, don't turn it into a deed and try to transfer it. I spent 3 months, went through 4 GMs(one who had the wall of my home stuck to her) and countless hours of frustration fixing that particular problem. Woops
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/24/2011 12:22 PM CDT
I've been premie from the start. Just been in and out of the realms over the last 10 years.

Thank you both for your help.
I'll let you know what happens. Looks like I'm taking a trip to Icemule this weekend.

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/24/2011 03:37 PM CDT
You have to have an active premium account for 90 consecutive days before you can have a home. So before you get your deed and try and claim a new home, you might want to wait that 90 days, just to be sure it doesn't mess up.

There are several neighborhoods in and around Landing. You can look on this maps below to see them (I live in Solhaven, but Hummingbird Pond has always been a favorite.) I believe that the limit is five houses per room. So if five homes are showing, that room is full.

Landing outside of town neighborhoods: http://kyaloria.com/sites/default/files/homes2.gif Landing in town: http://kyaloria.com/sites/default/files/homes1.gif

You can find other maps to towns, and to home neighborhoods here: http://kyaloria.com/archives/tsoran

Sereh
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/26/2011 02:43 AM CDT
Thanks for the links!!

Kaldaris
Re: Moving a Home possible? 06/26/2011 02:45 AM CDT
Actually, I have one more question.

If your home is in a neighborhood in the 'Wilds' and an invasion hits, can the creatures enter the neighborhoods?

Kaldaris