Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 05:57 PM CDT
Hello, I am back after a few years. Last night, I tried to use the premium transportation system to move from the Landing to the Rest. About 6 players were sitting in Zephyr Hall and when I asked them for help, they directed me off to the Chronomages.

After an hour of hunting around, I found the proper room in Zephyr Hall. Is this an in game secret? If not would anyone be interested in maps and a guide of the various halls?

Magarven the Mad
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 06:10 PM CDT
Not a picture, but. . .

https://gswiki.play.net/Four_Winds_Hall

and

https://gswiki.play.net/Premium_transport_system

Apologies if you know these are already there.

Doug
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 06:12 PM CDT
>>would anyone be interested in maps and a guide of the various halls?

And. . .

absolutely! Load 'em up on the Wiki, and we can link them to the articles posted earlier!

Doug
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 06:14 PM CDT
scaling prices:
Cost[edit]

Initial Ticket Prices:
For training range 0 - 9: 5,000 silvers
For training range 10 - 19: 25,000 silvers
For training range 20 and up: 50,000 silvers
Each successive ticket purchase increases by that flat amount again, up to a maximum of 250,000 silvers for the most experienced of travelers.
Example:
Level 20+ character:
1st one-way ticket: 50,000 silvers
2nd one-way ticket: 100,000 silvers (1st roundtrip 150,000)
3rd one-way ticket: 150,000 silvers
4th one-way ticket: 200,000 silvers (2nd rountrip 350,000
5th to 10th one-way tickets: 250,000 each (3rd roundtrip 500,000)

It becomes more economical to use chronomage after your first round trip. There are also 5k passes for the day for chronomage for local hops, like landing to ice mule, Vaalor to Illistim. So, while its known, its not really popular based on those prices.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 07:18 PM CDT
I just wanted to find out if that was a secret, because the game makes it so dang hard to find that room. I had to use Stormfront to find the correct verb-noun combo.

I am being a touch manic. I would like to first create a guide for my website "These Old Games", which of course can be loaded to the wiki. My intent is to be able to use the standard Wizard under Win98 and Mac OS 9 to do these things without having to resort to Lich or another client. However, the utility of such an post is low, as Win98 and OS 9 has a very low user base. I just had this feeling that history was being lost and it bugged me.

Another (better) idea, which is coming together now is how to get into the Wizard (and Stormfront) on a Chromebook, with crosh, Linux and Wine. This is also of dubious utility, but perhaps a little helpful. I am currently using a Chromebook plus the Wizard to play. I also want to dream up a way to get my scripts and things from my Mac OS9 machine to the Chromebook and back relatively easily. I don't know how I am going to do that. One of my pet peeves is my scripts and set up should be the same across all machines.

Magarven the Mad
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 08:02 PM CDT
<One of my pet peeves is my scripts and set up should be the same across all machines.>

In Stormfront there's the option to store your settings either locally or on the server. I haven't used Wizard since the 90's, but I'm 90% sure the same option exists there as well.

As for the other stuff: Are you TRYING to make your GS experience as complicated as possible? I read that in the voice of my ex that was never happy unless he could find a way to connect each new device to every other device he had even if there was no practical reason to do so.... if I went to visit him now, he'd prolly have his microwave linked to his toilet and his smartphone synced to his OS 8.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 08:15 PM CDT
It's only complicated when it doesn't work. :)

I like to have my experience be seamless between devices. My wife objected at first, but once I got everything up and going, it is enjoyable. Her computer is linked to her phone and the TV.

My personal goal is to be able to start playing at school on the Chromebook, sit down at my Mac and play in comfort and then play while making dinner on the TV (connected to raspberry pi) and have it all look the same. It's a goal... perhaps not a worthy one. But a goal nonetheless.

Let's let my madness go and have fun, while we return to the real issue: Maps for Halls. Those can be uploaded to the wiki? If I upload hand drawn maps, would someone be willing to covert them to the nice format used on that site?

Magarven the Mad
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/19/2017 09:08 PM CDT
I can't imagine it is a game secret, and YES, the Fourwinds Halls are all MAZES! A couple of them are in Narost already, I think.

Additionally ... they cost a fortune compared to the chronomage.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/20/2017 12:29 PM CDT

https://gswiki.play.net/images/b/b5/Premium_halls_by_Dirvy.png
Re: Returning player - Game secret question 05/20/2017 03:28 PM CDT
>>https://gswiki.play.net/images/b/b5/Premium_halls_by_Dirvy.png

Very nicely done.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"