skill goals broken 05/18/2017 11:30 AM CDT
i get a web FE error when I try to train skills. can anyone assist me?
Re: skill goals broken 05/18/2017 11:43 AM CDT
What web browser do you use?

Try Google Chrome if you are using IE.
Re: skill goals broken 05/18/2017 11:53 AM CDT
<i get a web FE error when I try to train skills. can anyone assist me?>

Without seeing what's happening, it's hard to give any sort of advice. A quick cut & paste would help others see what's going on.

Regardless, I'd strongly recommend downloading either the Stormfront or Wizard FE and using that (I personally prefer Stormfront). Besides offering more features, both are generally better made then the WEB FE and most of the player population uses one or the other (esp if they've been around long enough to be comfortable giving advice here), making it easier to get advice when there's a problem.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: skill goals broken 05/18/2017 12:30 PM CDT
>> i get a web FE error when I try to train skills. can anyone assist me?

The single most likely cause of what you're experiencing is that the Web Front End uses a feature called 'window pop-up' when attempting to display the SKILLS page. Almost all current browsers will automatically block the 'pop-up' feature.

For Firefox, you should see a line at the top of the browser that will give you options.

For Chrome, you will simply see a message next to the address line in the browser.

Internet Explorer will post a message at the bottom of the browser.

Microsoft's Edge browser will also post a message at the bottom of the browser.

Starchitin advises using one of the game's dedicated FE (Stormfront or Wizard). I would agree if you're going to be playing the game for any length of time. But - for now, you can also just accept the pop-up, which should open a new tab or window in each of these browsers. Each browser is slightly different - Firefox and IE give you 'options', Edge will ask if you want to 'allow once' or 'always allow' for play.net, and Chrome will take you through settings that will also allow you to permit the pop-up.

The message isn't an error so much as a warning - current security practices suggest clients should always INFORM the user that a pop-up request has been submitted (hence these messages) and require the user to SELECT how to handle pop-ups.

Doug